Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Too Many Medical Issues to Deal With!

I was up at 5:40 to get ready to go to Curves.  My friend and fellow Curvette, Polly, picked me up.  After our work-out the 7 of us went out for breakfast, since I won't be able to join them on Friday, following my surgical procedure on Thursday.

Ken picked me up and we went to our storage shed to clean it out, since we did not renew it for after Sept.  We planned to be leaving for Florida, but now Ken has to see the cardiologist and the family Dr. feels he will probably need a catherization.  Fortunately, our good friends, Dan and Jackie, offered to keep a bit of our "overflow" at their house - Christmas Decorations, weathers, suitcase, cooler, and some clothes.  So, we loaded up the things and headed to their house. After getting the things in place, Ken left for a Dentist appointment and I stayed to visit with Jackie.  We left there at 11:30 and I had a call from the Lancaster Surgical Center.  They informed me that my EKG came back abnormal and they can't do the procedure tomorrow unless they get an okay from my family physician or a cardiologist.  What is that about?  I had the EKG done a week ago and never heard a word about it and even talked with the anesthesiologist yesterday confirming my appointment.  I was in shock.  So, I will see my family Dr. at 3:20 today for another EKG and at that time it will be decided if I can have the procedure done tomorrow.  I don't think I can take much more!  I had myself prepared for tomorrow's surgery, and now I am hanging in limbo - not a good place for me to be!  Hopefully my family Dr. will give approval for the procedure.  Both of us needing to see a cardiologist would be a bit much!!!!!!!!

Good results from the EKG done by my family Dr.  She did an EKG and it was totally normal.  When they read the one I had done last week, they said it showed that I had a heart attack sometime in the past.  She said their result could not be accurate since today's showed no abnormalities.  She thinks the one section of the read out was from a place where they did not have the patch in the proper position.  So, I will have the surgery tomorrow.  I am so thankful to be able to move forward and get this procedure behind me!

We left there and went to Jamie's house to see the girls and the float they would be riding in the Ephrata Farm Show Parade tonight.  We walked down to the midway at the fair and had dinner.  Then we met with some of our friends to watch the parade.  It was a pleasant weather evening, perfect for a parade.  Home by 9! It has been quite a day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.... Hope all the doctors can get it together and you can get on the road. Hope all the procedures go well for both of you.

    ReplyDelete