Monday, September 15, 2014

What A Great Day!

Ken and I were up around 7:30 and did some reading.  After breakfast, we went outside to fold up our craft canopy which had gotten wet on Saturday.  We realized it was missing a washer and we didn't have the right size.  So, Ken left on a mission to find the missing piece.  Why is it that things are often not as easy and simple as you think they should be?  He had trouble finding the right store for the needed part and when he did, it was fairly far from the CG.  While he was gone I washed the edges of the sides of the canopy that had gotten dirty from being on the ground at numerous Craft Shows.  Then I packed our lunches for a trip to the beach at Avalon.  We got the canopy in its case, Ken loaded our bikes, and we were on our way to Avalon by 12:30.  Where did the morning go????

We decided to ride from Avalon to the end of Stone Harbor, a 12 mile round trip. We passed some amazing huge homes on the bay side.  Also made one stop at a bakery in Stone Harbor where we shared a chocolate croissant.  It was delicious and we can't believe we decided to share one! 

Both of these photos are from the beach at Stone Harbor!



We were on the beach by 2:30 and I spent the afternoon reading.  Ken read, took a short nap, and walked along the water.  We stayed there until 5, before heading back to the CG.  We played a game of Pinochle outside (I won) and then we cooked dinner.  Ken cleaned up and I worked on my computer.  We spent the evening relaxing and watching America Ninja Warrier.  Not sure way, but we really like that show.  I also worked on my computer scrapbook program doing pages for our granddaughters camping books.  It takes a lot of time, but I do enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Little known fact about me ...I love America Ninja Warriors!

    ReplyDelete