Friday, January 23, 2015

A Fun Day in Port Charlotte and Harbor Lakes CG

Ken and I were up at 7 and again he left for a 7:30 walk with Ernie.  They walked till 9, covering a lot of ground!  I played pickleball from 8 to 9:30 and played very well the 1st 2 games, but after that I fell apart - almost embarrassing!  I am the only woman that plays that doesn't speak French.  So, I enjoy watching the games but wish I could converse with someone while waiting.

Ken spent most of the morning getting somethings packed and away for our departure on Sunday!  I went about 4 miles north to a craft show at a local church just to see what the vendors were making.  It was a nice show, but it was so windy.  I really felt bad for the vendors for I know how hard it is to keep your canopy intact and your products on tables when it is that windy!

Our neighboring camper, Carol, likes to do beading and asked if I would show her how to do some wire wrapping.  So we worked together outside at the picnic table.  Noela had found a nice shell piece on Manasota Beach and I offered to wire wrap it for her.  So Carol came to watch me make Noela's and then made herself a pendant.  We had a good time.  She would like to show me how to make a beaded bracelet and a special necklace she makes, but unfortunately, I don't think there will be anytime before we leave on Sunday.  There is never enough time!!!!!!

We got an e-mail from Alton and Jane Good, friends from PA, stating that they are staying in a campground in Port Charlotte till Tuesday.  Port Charlotte????? That is where we are!  So I called her and they are about 1 mile north of us on the same road!  Hard to imagine!  So, they are going to come to our CG tomorrow around 4 to check it out and we will have dinner together!  You would think we would have planned to stay close together, but it was total coincidence!

We picked up Ernie and Noela at 12:45 to go to Farlow's on the Water for a later lunch.  What a phenomenal place to eat.  We ate outside and the setting and the food were wonderful.  I had a cranberry chicken salad on a bed of lettuce with fruit and nuts for $11.00.  I would go back there in a flash!!!!

If you are near Port Charlotte, you'll want to try this place!
It is on Route 771 (El Jobean Road)

The outdoor covered porch is very nice and there are
even some tables out along the dock!

Special friends, Ernie and Noela!

Life is good in Florida!

Everyone's meal was exceptional!

After a quick stop at Wal-Mart we came back to the CG and played 2 games of shuffleboard.  Unfortunately the men won both games but it was still a lot of fun.  We parted for dinner and then Ernie and Noela joined us in Waldo to play games, something they do not do very often.  We taught them Skip-Bo and then we played LCR and Toss Up.  We had a great time!  We ended the evening around 9:15.  We have had such a great 2 weeks here at Harbor Lakes and have love sharing our time with Ernie and Noela!

No comments:

Post a Comment