Friday, January 16, 2015

A Slow Down Day!

What a bad night's sleep!  I never fell asleep until 3 AM!  Not sure why, but I just couldn't sleep.  So, when Ken got up around 7, I told him to just let me rest.  Ken was on the phone and I could hear the click of the pickleball paddles on the courts that are near us, so sleep ended early.  Then Ernie and Noela stopped by and I decided to join the party in my PJ's.  Glad I did, for we had a really nice visit until about 10:30.  Somehow I missed breakfast - not a bad thing!!!

Ken and I spent time talking to the pharmacy at Costco regarding the 87 pills that were not included in the prescription we picked up yesterday.  We will be able to pick them up at the Costco in Sarasota which is about 35 minutes away instead of the 1 1/2 hour drive to Tampa.  Then Ken spent time on his computer dealing with our health insurance.  It can get so frustrating!  I had a good talk with my sister and then around 2:45 Ken and I left to drive to Placida to talk with the lady in charge of their upcoming craft show.  Not a nice person - so negative.  I do understand that it is an Artist, not a crafter show.  My product was not up to her standards - too easily reproduced.  I was really fine with that, but not with her and her rudeness!  Happy not to be working with her!

From there Ken and I headed to Venice Beach to meet Eberlys and Zapfs for a hymn sing on the beach while viewing the sunset.  Ken and I got there early, so we took a walk on the beach.  Turns out the hymn sing on the beach was cancelled, so the 6 of us left to go to Pop's Grille along the water at Nokomis Beach.  It was fairly cool and breezy.  We were able to sit at one of the outdoor tables with a fire pit in the middle.  Still cool, but the fire helped to keep it comfortable.  By the time we left around 7:30, we were chilled.

Sunset at Nokomis Beach.  Ken took this photo from
Pop's Grille across the Intracoastal Waterway!

Deb, Joyce, ad me at the "fire table".

It was getting very dark!


We said our good-byes - Zapfs are leaving for PA on Sunday and Eberlys are here near Venice for about  1 more week.  If possible, we will see Deb and Lloyd again while they are in Venice.  We were back to Waldo by 8:15 and we watched some TV.  Doloris called from home, and we had such a good conversation.  Looking forward to them joining us in Florida in Feb. for about 10 days.  We will have such a good time!  I promised her warm weather!!!

Heading off to bed.  After last night, I need a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment