Thursday, January 22, 2015

Another Perfect Day!

Ken and I were up at 7 and he was on his way for his walk with Ernie at 7:30.  I headed to the pickleball court at 8 and got to play 4 games.  2 of the games I was happy with my play, but the other 2 were almost embarrassing.  I think I need more practice!

We cooked breakfast and then picked up Ernie and Noela at 10 and drove to Manasota Beach for the day.  It was 80 degrees and so sunny today - a perfect day for the beach!  Ken and I spent almost the entire time looking for sharks teeth using our Florida snow shovel.  We found a couple hundred teeth!  What fun!!!  It gets to be addictive!  We did stop long enough to eat lunch, but then it was back to "work".  You would think we were panning for GOLD!  We were back to Waldo around 5, after another wonderful day!


The water actually felt fairly warm today,  Noela actually swam
in the water several times today!

Mannasota is a beautiful beach and the beach where
we find the most sharks teeth!



We washed the shells and sharks teeth we found today and Ken wanted to make dinner - sauteed onions, peppers, and chicken on top of a large salad.  So kind of him and it was so good.  I did the clean-up.

There may not be too many big ones, but they are sharks
teeth none the less and we are proud!!!!
I talked with Deb Eberly (they leave to go back to PA on Saturday morning), Nancy Savage (Neil retired today and they finally get to leave for Florida tomorrow morning), and to my sister.  Cindy and John are enjoying their stay in Ft. Myers Beach, but not wild about all the traffic.  It takes so long to get anywhere, especially the beach!  Ken talked to Samantha who is jumping rope to raise money for the Heart Association.  She is doing it for her PaPa - how special!

We watched American Idol and enjoyed a quiet evening.  Can't believe we leave here on Sunday!  These 2 weeks are flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment