Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Great Beach Day!

Ken and I only got up at 8 - I guess we needed some extra rest!  We took our time getting ready, having breakfast, packing our lunch, talking to Noela (miss them), and then left the CG around 10 to head to the beach in Naples. Unfortunately we got a bit lost on the way ( I don't know why we didn't use our GPS) and drove too far north.  I was on the phone with Melissa and Ken missed the left turn to the beach.  This navigator failed to do her job.  I did have a nice chat with Melissa and so glad to hear that her mother is doing great and well on her way to recovering from the brain aneurysm.  We are so anxious to meet up with Chuck and Melissa on Pine Island March 1st.  It seems like such a long since we were together!

We were on Lowdermilk Beach near downtown Naples by 11 and it was a perfect day.  In the 70's with total sunshine and very little breeze!  I thought we were going to relax and enjoy reading on the beach, but no!  We decided to take a walk and forgot to stop! We did get to see some dolphins up close and personal! We walked all the way to the Naples Pier (they had a bathroom there) and then back to our chairs, a total of 12,000 steps!  By then it was 1:20 and past time for lunch.  When I was done eating I had 15 minutes to read before leaving the beach at 2.  So much for relaxing and reading!

Lowdermilk Beach is very picuresque!

I liked our spot on the beach, but I didn't get to sit in my
chair very long, much less read!!


Enormous houses in this area!

This dolphin was feeding very close to the shoreline!


Every bird has his own post!

Saw several starfish on the beach, but they weren't too lively!



This is the Naples Pier!

Not too many shells for pendants on this beach, but I have
to be sure!


We stopped at Wal-Mart for a few groceries and were back to Waldo by 3.  John and my sister Cindy were coming for supper at 4, so we showered and prepared for their arrival.  We had a very nice evening enjoying dinner together and then playing Skip-Bo (women won), Pinochle (men won), and then Sequence Dice with another victory by the women!  We had a fun evening and so glad we could finally spend an time with them.  They left at 9:15 and I started working on this blog.

Good to be with Cindy and John!

No comments:

Post a Comment