Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Mother Daughter Day!

Ken and I were both up by 7, but Ken was awake quite a bit during the night - too much on his mind trying to prepare the new car for our next trip.  His mind was in overdrive!!!! 

So he decided to go for a walk, but it was only 37 degrees.  I got ready and made myself a cooked breakfast and cut-up fresh fruit for both of us.  At 8:30 we went outside so he could give me a brief lesson on some of the features of our new vehicle.  I left by 8:45 to pick up my mother and take her to a dental appointment in Lancaster.  I realized quickly that I really enjoy our new car.

After the dentist Mom and I went to AC Moore and spent about 1 1/2 hours there.  She is a  very crafty person and does't get too many opportunities to go to the local craft stores.  Of course, it is not a hardship for me to spend time in a craft store either!  Believe it or not, I didn't buy much, but I enjoyed trying to help my mother find what she wanted.  From there we went to lunch and then on to Joann Fabrics for more "craft shopping".  By then Mom was getting tired because too much walking can be difficult!  We drove by to Masonic Homes stopping at CVS and then Turkey Hill for a cup of cappaciano for mom.  It was a 6 hour day which both of us had looked forward to and we had a good time together.

I was home by 4:45 and Ken had started dinner.  He spent most of the day at home only leaving to go to Jamie's to get his haircut.  He had made many phone calls and sent e-mails.  He was able to get an appointment to have a braking system and tow package installed on our new CRV before we head back to Florida.  We would much rather do it here than be without a car a few days when we return to Lazydays.  Another thing off our long list of things to accomplish before heading out west.

After dinner we went to Jamie's - it was grandparent's bingo night at Bria and Cali's school and we were going there with the other grandparents, Dan and Sue.  It was a well organized evening held in the school cafeteria and a book was the prize for winning.  Every child had at least 1 book to take home.  We were home by 8, just in time to watch The Voice.  There are such terrific singers this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment