Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Rather Frustrating Day, but Chuck and Melissa Made It a Great Day!

Today was a rainy, dreary day with temperatures in the low 40's.  We are really missing the warm, mostly sunny weather in Florida!  Ken was up by 7 and got ready to leave to have breakfast with his friend, Gary. I got up at 7:45, right before he left and we got to talk about today's schedule. Ever since we have gotten back to PA we have to communicate our daily activities and it seems that our calendars are "crazy"!

I spent most of the morning trying to contact Choice Hotels regarding a promotion they are running to get a free night's lodging when you have been a guest at 2 of their hotels in a certain time frame.  We qualified but I can't seem to get the info about the free night.  I spent at least 2 hours trying to get to the right people and actually held on line for over 1 1/4 hours and still spoke to no one.  What is that about?????  I also left a message for our saleman at Lazydays just to touch base with us.  We are awaiting his return call!

The really good news of the day - Melissa left me a text message asking when we were arriving in San Antonio.  Does that mean they might be joining us on our trek out west?????  I called her immediately and yes, they have changed some plans and are going to travel with us for a lot of western adventure.  We are so excited.  It is so nice to be able to share that adventure with special friends.  After we talked, she made reservations for them at the same campgrounds we have reservations in both San Antonio and Big Bend.  We are going to have so much fun!

Ken and I made a trip to Lancaster so that each of us could get a pair of new sneakers.  After a successful trip we were back home by 4:00. After a meal of leftovers, we watched a local special on homeless children in our area (so sad and hard to imagine!), watched some of American Idol, which we lost interest in quickly.  The Voice has tremendous singers compared to Idol.  I continued working on Katelyn's photo album until I completed a 12 x 12 page and when I went to save it, the program said there was an error and I lost it!  It was time to go to bed and call it a day!

1 comment:

  1. We are SO excited too! Can't wait to see you in San Antonio!

    ReplyDelete