Friday, March 20, 2015

A Snowy Day in Lititz!!

I got up at 6 and got ready to meet my "Curvette" ladies for breakfast in Ephrata.  I left by 6:40 and stopped at Planet Fitness, where they now work out 3X a week, to see if there is any program that would work for me since I am out of the area so often.  Their plan could work but it won't be feasible until I return from out west.  So I will just continue to meet them for breakfast every Friday I am home.

It wasn't snowing when I left Lititz, but when I got close to Ephrata the snow began and cars had it on their roof and hoods.  It really did snow most of the day, but it only laid on the grassy areas, not on the roads.  It looked pretty, but I prefer the green grass, warm temperatures, and swaying palm trees in the south!

So good to see the 7 ladies when they were done with their work-out and then we went to Evergreen Diner for a very good breakfast.  I really enjoyed spending rime with them again.  We left around 8:45 I went to Dollar Tree and then to Jamie's to return the pot that she had left at our apartment filled with delicious soup.  I enjoyed talking with Jamie, Bria and Cali (the girls had off school today for Spring Break).  Got back home by 10:30.

Ken was busy all morning at his desk finalizing things for the pick-up of the car on Monday, his income tax appointment Monday morning, and scheduling a time to have a hitch for the bike rack put on our new car.  We also sent a message to Steve, the service manager at Winnebago to bring him up to date on some of our concerns and frustrations regarding service.

After about 2:30 things "simmered" down and we were able to relax a bit.  We had large salads for dinner with sauteed onions, peppers and chicken.  So good.  Fred and Doloris came to play cards from 7 to 11:30 and we had such a good time.  They brought the Spiced Rum they had bought at Drum Circle Distillery when they were in Florida with us.  I drank some wine while they enjoyed the rum.  

We got a lot of things accomplished today.  It is going to be very busy while we are home, but we will have a great time with family and friends.


1 comment: