Saturday, March 21, 2015

Most of the Snow "Went Away" Today!

We actually slept in this morning.  It was about 8 when we decided to get up.  After breakfast, Ken spent some additional time working at his desk and I am not really sure what I did!  Apparently I did nothing too significant!

At 11:15 we left and went to Lancaster to get things for the granddaughters Easter Baskets and birthday cards, since their are 4 birthdays in the next month, including Bob, our son-in-law.  Then on to A. C. Moore to get little jars with cork lids that we put sharks teeth, seaglass, and small shells in for each of the little ones.  Then I made a little seashell cut-out with the words "Gifts from the Sea" and glued them to the front of the jar.  Just a "little something" from Florida!

Then we went to Masonic Homes in Elizabethtown to spend the afternoon with my parents chatting and playing Pinochle, their favorite card game.  We had a very nice time with them and we were all very happy to see each other.  Bad part - the men won 3 of the 4 games!

Back home by 5:45 and we had salads again with sauteed onions, peppers, and chicken.  Then Ken went to McDonalds to get me a Shamrock Shake.  St. Patrick's Day is over and somehow I missed getting my annual treat!  What a sweetheart to go out to get me one!  Boy was it delicious!

We spent the evening relaxing and enjoying some down time.  Tomorrow we will be with both of our daughters and their families and at Jamie and Dane's we will have a Dairy Queen ice cream cake to celebrate Cali's 6th Birthday!  Wow!  The actual party for Cali and Bria is next Saturday, this is just another opportunity to have a special treat!  Hopefully I will have some family photos tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment