Friday, February 15, 2013

On the Road Again!

Ken and I were up early to meet Betsy and Coy at the Perfect Pot in Matlacha for breakfast.  It was a last time to get together before we left Pine Island.  Unfortunately, Regina and Paul were unable to join us.  After a delicious breakfast I went for my chiropractic appt. with Dr. Jeters.  Seems like his adjustments today were helpful, but I will be too far away to see him again!

We were on our way to Bradenton by 9:30 thanks to all the good prep work Ken did yesterday.  We had a few showers while we were hitching, but not much rain on the drive.  Got to Winters Manatee CG (an Encore Park) near Bradenton at 12:15 after an uneventful trip - Yeah!!!

Getting set-up went well and the heavy rains began after we were inside!  That was good!  We really like this CG, its amenities and the friendly folks.  I discovered they are having a craft show here in the clubhouse this Sat. and I was able to sign up.  So, here we go again.  They also have a garage sale around the CG and 6 park models that are for sale will have open houses.  They have done advertising in local newspapers, so hopefully we will have lots of shoppers.  Time will tell!!!  I spent several hours "increasing my inventory".  It was fun to work with the new shells we picked up on the beach this year!

My sister and her husband joined us at the CG and we headed to Sonny's for dinner.  My favorite place in Florida for pulled pork sandwiches.  I need to go there several times while we are snowbirding!!!!!  It was as good as I remembered, maybe even better!  Then back to Willie for some Dice Sequence, Toss Up, and 1 game of Pinochle!  Men won Sequence, but we won Pinochle! Yeah!  The party ended around 11:15.

This was our 1st rainy day since we arrived in Florida on Jan. 21st.  The weather has just been perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment