Thursday, May 16, 2019

Monday Through Thursday - A Review of the Week!

Let's begin by saying the weather improved by Thursday, but up until then it was rather overcast and in the upper 40's at night.  Ken was able to take long walks on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but I was somewhat restricted.

Monday I was a bit anxious about Tuesday's "lip procedure", so my dear friend, Polly, called and wanted to take me to lunch to divert my attention to something fun.  We ate at the Brickerville Restaurant and then I insisted that we go to Home Goods so I could purchase a shower curtain for the guest bath in her new apartment as a housewarming gift.  We had a fun time together and she succeeded in keeping me more relaxed and we also found a shower curtain and some towels for her.  Upon our return, Ken and I picked up Wilbur from the garage where he got an oil change and returned him to the storage area.  While there we got a call from Lanie asking if we could come to her house, as Bob was at the Reading Hospital waiting to be seen after being diagnosed with a leg infection and blood clot.  Long story short, we returned home around 9:30 and Bob was released and sent home by 10.  He is on blood thinner and had pain, but they say he will be fine!

Tuesday was the procedure for my lip.  We arrived at the Dermo Surgery Center at 9:20 but I never went back to the room until 10:30 - such a long wait when anticipating surgery.  The worst part was the numbing of my lip.  I was back in the waiting room within 15 minutes, relaxed for about an hour, and then a bit more cutting was needed.  Another 20 minute wait, but then it was time for the stitching.  Not my favorite part either, but all in all, it was no bad.  Ken was such a trooper waiting all that time and we were able to leave around 1:45.  I was told to take it easy for 48 hours and that is what I did.  Both of us took naps when we returned, and then he went to Celebrate Recovery and I crocheted and watched TV.  Ken was back home by 9:15 and I stayed up to watch the finale of New Amsterdam - what a show!  Can't believe I will have to wait until September to see what happens!  I was amazed that I honestly had no pain from the procedure, but it was a bit awkward for drinking, so a milkshake was my dinner.

Wednesday I took it easy in the morning just doing some simple chores around the apartment.  Ken spent time on the computer and then walking.  After lunch (soup), I was able to take a shower and supposed to remove the bandages.  Ken helped me with that and we were surprised at how good my lip looked and still no pain.  He left to check-out a men's facility in Lebanon where he may be able to help and upon his return, the 2 of us went to Wilbur's storage area.  Lloyd and Deb met us with their truck and loaded about 1/2 of our items that they will take to Florida for us.  They are leaving on Sunday and will be down there at the time we settle on our Condo.  We are so thankful they could take so much of our "stuff"!  The evening was a quiet one!  I did talk to Lanie and Bob still has pain but does not have to see the hematologist until the end of June.

Thursday Ken had breakfast with Gary and then took a walk when he returned.  I did some spot cleaning and got ready for the day.  After lunch we drove to Masonic Village and played Pinochle with mom and dad.  It was a fun afternoon, but the women only won 1 out of 4.  Mom and I have not been doing very well lately!  We were back home by 5, ate some leftovers and then Dan and Jackie arrived around 6:45.  We chatted for a long time and covered so many subjects.  We did play one game of Pinochle which the women won - hallelujah!  We were in bed around 10:15.


No comments:

Post a Comment