Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Tuesday - Beautiful, Sunny Mild Day!

It was a bit chilly (upper 30''s) when we 1st went outside, but got to the low 70's as the day progressed.  Ken left at 8:30 to have breakfast with his sister's son-in-law.  I spent time writing more cards/notes to friends and family and then left at 9:30 to have my haircut at Jamie's.  I decided it was time for a change, so last night I had found some "pixie like styles" on Pinterest that I liked and Jamie thought it was a good idea.  I can really get in a "rut" with my hair, maybe anything that requires change!  (I'm just saying!)

Ken got there at 10:45 and it was his time for a haircut!  He only had it cut 2X this year, so it was very necessary and he looks great if I do say so myself.  I am happy with my new "do" also and look forward to trying to style it tomorrow morning.  Jamie always makes it look so easy!

When I was ready to leave Jamie's we got a phone call from a local gentleman who was standing in front of Wilbur and had an interest in seeing the inside in the near future.  I told him we were in Ephrata and could be there in about 10 minutes, so I headed out to meet him while Jamie was finishing Ken's haircut.  Ken joined us as did Lee's wife.  They live in Lititz too, have a Class C and have been looking for a Sightseer 33C - bingo, we can make their dreams come true!  We spent a lot of time with them and they seemed interested.  We all left there around 1:30 and they said they would need to do some talking and be back in touch with us.  We can only hope!

Home for a late lunch and I finished the wash I had started before going to Jamie's.  We both did some reading and then went for a nice walk.  I went about 2 miles which is the most I have done for quite awhile.  Ken wanted to get additional steps, so I came home without him.  

He left at 6 to go to Celebrate Recovery and I worked on this block, made dinner for myself, and then watched the news.  Spent the evening crocheting and watching The Voice.  Also had an hour hone call with Noela to "catch her up" on what is happening with the Condo.  We had a great time chatting!

Ken was home by 9 and after talking about his evening, he went to bed at 10.  I stayed up to watch New Amsterdam, heading to bed at 11.  What a nice day!

Today, Wednesday, was an extremely relaxing day for Ken and I.  We really had no obligations or plans for the day, except for a 3:00 coffee meeting with one of Ken's buddies from CR.  So, after breakfast, we went for about a 2 mile walk around Lititz.  It was a very nice morning for a stroll.

I talked with Lanie and Jamie throughout the day and did some cardmaking.  I also had my 1st chance to style my new haircut and it went fairly well.  I think I am really going to like it but I need a few more times of "styling" to be sure!

Ken was gone from 3 to 4:30 and I kept busy at my craft desk.  We played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot before dinner, and then made salads and Ken grilled a pork chop for me and salmon for himself.  We watched the news and of course, Jeopardy!  That contestant is simply amazing and knows so much about so many different things!  I spent the evening crocheting while Ken caught up on Facebook and had a long conversation with his brother, Paul.

We were in bed by 9:45 after a very relaxing day!

Had to share this photo of a bleeding heart which I find an amazing creation.  It certainly looks just like its name -

That top part of the flower is an
exact heart that looks like it is
bleeding!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment