Thursday, May 9, 2019

This Week - Rather Dreary!

We have been very busy this week so I am going to give a brief summary of what we have been doing.  

Monday we picked up Wilbur and brought him home so we could get ready for our "camping trip" to Hershey.  Ken had an 11:00 appt. with Dane, our son-in-law and financial advisor and I picked up Jackie and we met the ladies card club group for our end of the card playing season luncheon at Maize Cantina.  What a fun time was had by all.  Ken went from his appointment to have lunch with Kevin.  We took a 2 mile walk around Lititz and then spent the evening relaxing.

Tuesday Ken had an early breakfast with one of his CR buddies and I spent that time cleaning the apartment.  We did go for another walk around town and after lunch loaded somethings (not much) into our car for the trip to Hershey Preserve.  I got a surprise call from the Dermo Surgical Center in Lancaster - they had a cancellation and were able to see me at 3 for a consultation.  I was able to print out all the paperwork and fill it out before leaving for the appt.  I was not happy with what they told me for this squamous cell is more advanced than my 1st one and into the second layer of my lip.  I will definitely have some stitches.  Not looking forward to this procedure.  Praying for peace and thankful I could be seen sooner.  They called back a bit later and I will have the procedure next Tuesday so it can be done before we go to Florida - hallelujah!  Ken and I left at 5:45 to have dinner at Celebrate Recovery and it was Ken's night to give his testimony.  His siblings all came and 2 of their spouses as well as my sister and her husband, 2 of my Curvette friends (Deb and Polly), and many of his special CR buddies.  He did a great job and I know his story will be helpful to many others going through addiction.  Hopefully Ken will now get some much needed sleep!  Home by 9:30 and off to bed!

Wednesday was a mostly cloudy, damp day, but a good one for emptying out Wilbur.  I followed Ken to Hershey and we arrived there around 10.  We immediately got to work.  Ken started unloading all of the outside bins while I worked on drawers and cupboards, boxing things for Florida as we worked.  Cindy and John helped us from 1:45 till 5:15 and they did an awesome job.  Again, Ken and John worked outside and Cindy and I packed up everything indoors.  We also wiped out all the cupboards, drawers, and outside bins.  We placed all the packed boxes and storage bins in the basement of Wilbur and will load those items in the CRV when we head to Florida in about 3 weeks.  (I believe we have quite a bit more than we can fit in the back.)  We all went to Quentin Tavern for dinner and were able to eat outdoors.  We so appreciated their help today.  Ken and I headed back to the CG and spent a lot of the evening reminiscing about all our wonderful times in Wilbur.  Both of us shed some tears during that discussion.  We are sad in some ways but so excited about the next chapter of our life.   During the day we placed items for sale in front of our campsite and by the time we left Hershey everything was sold except the compressor - what a blessing!!!!

Today, Thursday, Ken and I spent the morning vacuuming Wilbur and then while Ken dumped the tanks and backwashed, I cleaned the bathroom and washed the floors.  Earlier we had taken down all of our framed large pictures and there were no marks left on the walls - hallelujah!  We left the CG by 11:30 and I followed Ken to the storage area in Ephrata.  After lunch at Subway we were back home, unloaded the car, and found a place for everything we had brought home.  Ken read and rested and I worked on this blog while doing all the bedding from Wilbur.  We had a relaxing evening (it was needed!) and went to bed around 9:30.  It has been a long several days!

No comments:

Post a Comment