Thursday, July 17, 2014

At Rondout Valley Encore CG in the Hudson Valley!

Ken and I left our apartment parking lot at 8:10 and went about 2 blocks when we stopped to hook up the CRV.  On our way to Rondout by 8:30.  Took mostly major highways, so not overly scenic, but gratefully, uneventful.  We arrived at the CG around 2:00.  Very happy with our site (we changed 1X, the 1st one they suggested was too wet and unlevel) that is shaded and flat!  I did some work on my computer while Ken studied some of the flyers of activities for the area - plenty to do.  We are looking forward to some bike riding, maybe some kayaking, and enjoying a day at the Mohunk Resort!

We took a long walk around the CG, which is very large and appears to be pretty quiet! After dinner, I decided to study some instructional material we had for our new Rand McNally GPS.  We weren't overly happy with the way it worked on the way here, so I decided it was time to try to "master" this piece of new equipment.  Ken had gotten 8 printed "lessons" when we purchased it at the Escapees Rally and it was time for me to understand how it works. After all, Ken can't be "messing" with it while he is driving.  That need to be my responsibility.  That is easier said than done, but I am working at it.  Tonight I have a better understanding of it than I did this morning!  That's a step in the right direction!!!!  Then I read through some of the local brochures of things to do in this area.  There are so many rail trails for biking and lots of hiking trails too.  No rest for the weary!!!!!!!

Talked to my sister.  She and John are camping at Pinchot State Park outside of York PA till Saturday.  The beginning of August they will be camping in VA Beach.

Ken took a short walk around 8:30 while I played a game of Pop Words on his I-Pad.  If you have never played that computer word game, give it a try.  It is a lot like Boggle and I find it very challenging and addictive!

It was a gorgeous day with lower temperatures and less humidity.  A perfect travel day!  We are expecting about the same weather tomorrow!




1 comment: