Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Gorgeous Day on Pine Island!

Ken and I were up at 7 and headed out the door to take a long walk before Church.  We were back by to Waldo by 8:30, showered, cooked breakfast and got to the CG Church service at 10.  There were more people there this Sunday than any other time we have attended.  It was a nice service and a time of fellowship afterwards.  It is special to attend Church with fellow campers from back home.

On the way back to Waldo we stopped to talk to Bill and Donna from near Pottstown, PA and were there for over an hour.  Such nice folks!  I changed into my pool clothes, ate a light lunch, and got to the pool around 2.  Neil and Nancy arrived at about the same time.  Ken decided to stay back to read, nap, and then take a bike ride and a short walk.  I enjoyed time in the hot tub and reading.  I left the pool at 4, changed, made salads, and starting packing the beach bag for our bus trip to Ft. Myers Beach tomorrow.  The bus leaves at 10 and we return around 4.  Ken only returned at 5. 

This is a picture Ken took from the end of Pine Island at
St. James City.  Hard to tell,, but the bridge at Sanibal is out
in the distance.  (He took this photo with his phone and
then took a picture of the picture with his camera.  That is why
it is rather blurry!
Ken grilled salmon and pork chops, we cleaned up, and left to go to the CG Clubhouse for Sunday Night Live.  There is an excellent group of male musicians here at the CG that are good singers and guitar players.  An exceptional fiddle player too!  They also invite people to come on stage and sing and play.  We have been coming to Pine Island for 6 years and although I have thought about singing, I never did.  But, tonight I decided to give it a try.  I was part of the second act and I got so nervous.  It was ridiculous.  But, I did get up and actually sing.  I am disappointed in my singing - I was just too nervous.  Also, the band did not know, "You'll Never Walk Alone" so I had to sing acapella. Music background would have been helpful!  I would do it again, but hopefully I would be more relaxed.


The musicians wanted to join in, but it just didn't work!

Do I look scared?????


We were back to Waldo by 9 and all those "nerves" made me tired.  We were in bed by 10.

Today was the nicest weather day we have had since arriving in FL.  It was very sunny, warm, and very little breeze!  It actually got to 76.  It really was a gorgeous day in Paradise!

I am so proud of Ken.  He has been working so hard to lose weight since we arrived in Florida, eating such healthy things and avoiding all those temptations! This morning he was so excited when he got on the scales.  He was down to a weight he hasn't seen for 1 1/2 years.  Go Ken!!!!!!  Thanks, Ernie, for the inspiration!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment