Thursday, February 26, 2015

Cloudy Day with Scattered Showers! Good Day to "Catch Up"

Ken and I had a leisure morning and only had our cooked breakfast around 9:15.  We decided it was a good day to go back to Costco and check out their cameras one more time!  On the way, we stopped at Home Goods and Hobby Lobby to look for a small table that had legs that could go under our sofa. When I have a drink while sitting on our sofa, I have no place to put my cup.  Becky had a table in her motorhome that was perfect and she had gotten it at Home Goods.  Unfortunately, they did not have what I wanted, but Hobby Lobby had a cute black table that the legs went under the couch and it wouldn't be in the way when walking by.  The added bonus - it had a small rack in the front for magazines, etc.  Perfect!  I was thrilled!  (Ken actually was too!!!)

From there we went across the street to Costco and Ken re-evaluated the cameras.  Like I stated before, point and shoot cameras appear to be less available and the new ones are a bit larger but offer extra features and higher zoom (the latter being important to Ken).  We left with a Panasonic Lumix with a 60 zoom and Ken is so excited.  He read lots of reviews before we purchased it, and it had good reviews from all people.  He has 90 days to try it and then he could return it to Costco if he isn't happy.  Ken has a new Toy!!!!!

We were back to Waldo around 1:45 and had lunch.  Did some clean-up and then we went to Quest Diagnostics so I could get some necessary Lab work done before I go for my routine procedure when we return home in March. Quest was only about 4 miles away and I was in and out in 10 minutes.  Ken didn't even have time to take a nap in the car!!!

Back to Waldo so Ken could check out his camera and get it charged for picture taking.  I worked on my blog and I tried to downloaded photos from Ken's phone - not an easy feat!!! Never did succeed!  We spent until 6:00 working on the blog, Ken talking to our insurance company and Quest regarding a mix-up in the billing process from November, and Ken playing with his new camera! 

At 6:15 we decided we needed to go for a walk.  As we were leaving Waldo, Tom stopped by with a gift for us.  He buys 12 Skywatch Magazines at the beginning of the year and gives them to people who have a passion for life and an interest in the stars.  We qualified!!  Ken and I had discussed previously how much we enjoy Tom and Becky and their zest for adventure.  We enjoy spending time with them.  They are full-timers who have a seasonal site from May to October about 30 minutes from our apartment in Lititz.  So, we look forward to visiting with them when we return from our trip out west.  

We ate our salads and cleaned up.  Ken did some work on his computer and then made plans to hike with Ernie and Noela tomorrow.  Ken is anxious to try his new camera.  I am meeting my sister, Cindy, to do some shopping!  

Sorry there are no pictures today!  Without a camera, we are pictureless!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you couldn't find a camera like your old one, but it sure sounds like you'll enjoy the new one!! We think we saw the one you got at Costco today. My gosh, you'll be able to take a picture of Bonnie's "beauty mark" from all the way across the CG : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Good one, Cindy!
    Yay....glad you got a camera, Ken. Now why don't you try something new & use that little tripod you have!?! Miss you guys, okay & let's be honest....the warm weather too. (Doloris)

    ReplyDelete