Saturday, February 7, 2015

Craft Show and Surprise Visit From My Cousin!

Ken and I were up by 6:30 and got ready to participate in the Craft Show here in the Campground.  We were at the clubhouse by 7:45 and started setting up for the 9 to 1 show.  Love the short hours!!!!  My sister Cindy, and her husband John arrived at 8 to participate in the show too!  They are staying at a CG about 1 1/4 hours from here, so I was so happy they were willing to make the trip so we could be together.  (We had adjoining stands!)

All ready for business!

And here we go!!!

Cindy's scarves and magnetic pins looked great!


Ken and John went for a long walk while Cindy and I enjoyed selling at the show.  We were indoors and they provided the tables, so set-up and tear down was easy!  It started rather slowly, but I was very happy with the end result.  I think Cindy did okay too!  Around 11:45 my cousin, Mary, and her husband Paul surprised us by driving down from Sarasota to see us.  Cindy and John had gone to their house here in FL last Sunday night for dinner, but I had not seen them for at least 7 years or so.  It was great to spend time with them.  They stayed until the show was over and then the 6 of us went to Low Key Tiki Hut for a late lunch.  It was beautiful sitting on the outside deck - 73 degrees and lots of sunshine!  Cindy and John left from there to go back to their CG in Venice and Mary and Paul came back to our CG to tour Waldo.  They left to go back to Sarasota around 4.  We were so grateful that they took the time to make the trip to Pine Island.  It was wonderful to see them.

A great setting along the canal!



Ken and I relaxed outside for a short time and then walked to Neil and Nancy's site to chat for about an hour.  We are glad they are here and we can share some time together.  When we got back to Waldo Ken did more work on the western trip and I went through my jewelry inventory.  I spent some of the evening making more jewelry.  Sunset was beautiful!




It was a special day on Pine Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment