Friday, February 27, 2015

It's Cloudy with Showers, So Time to Shop!

Ken and I got up at 6:45 so we could prepare for our 4 dinner guests this evening.  We chopped all the veggies for a large salad, prepared the fresh green beans, and then cooked breakfast.  With our slide not working properly and having to be "in", the refrigerator is in a very tight space.  We can open the doors most of the way, but you have to have to pass things to each other since you can't get past the door.  This morning with the many times we were in and out of it, the crowded space got to Ken.  I have to admit, it is getting a little old! Having said that, we are thankful to be able to continue our adventures and realize this is just like the highways - a temporary inconvenience for a permanent improvement!

After phone calls to our daughters and Doloris, we left at 9:30 and Ken dropped me off at a mall at North Port to meet my sister, Cindy.  Ken then spent the day with Noela and Ernie doing hikes and trying out his new camera.  They hiked the Oyster Creek Park Trail and Cedar Point walking about 5 miles.  They got to see an eagle and eaglet.  They enjoyed their packed lunches along the trail.

Oyster beds under the bridge!



Walking on the pathway at Oyster Creek!

Love those mangroves!

An osprey!

Isn't this a crazy looking tree??

Nice shot, Ken, of the woodpecker!

Our special friends, Ernie and Noela!



Visitors Center at Cedar Point!



Mommy and baby!

The eaglet!

Proud Mama!


Last week when Ernie and Noela were here, they ate their
lunch on this pier and had their feet in the water.  I guess it
was low tide today!
Cindy and I enjoyed shopping together spending almost 3 hours at the Bealls Outlet.  We tried on so many different things!  Then we went to Ross.  I enjoyed having time with my sis!  At 2:00 I had an appointment for a haircut at Ulta. Jamie is the only person that has cut my hair for about 10 years, so I was a bit nervous.  But, Heather appeared to be very good at her job and I was pleased with the results. We left the mall around 3:15 and drove back to Waldo.  Ken and John got there close to the same time.  

I started cutting up fruit and Ernie and Noela got to Waldo at 4:30.  We enjoyed a short Happy Hour and then the cooking began.  Ken grilled pork, chicken, and salmon and I sauteed green beans.  We had planned to eat outside, but it was cool with some light showers.  So, we were rather crammed inside, but we had a great time.  Cindy and John left at 6:45 for karaoke here at the CG.  Cindy has enjoyed participating in that activity.  The 4 of us played Skip-Bo.  Ernie and Noela left at 8:45, but we have plans to get together while we are at Pine Island.  We want to go to Sanibel, a park to see manatees, and do a kayaking adventure together with Chuck and Melissa.  We are excited to have Ernie and Noela and Chuck and Melissa meet.

Can you see how narrow the hallway is?  I am standing at the
open refrigerator!
sI was tired, so I was in bed soon after they left.  It was another fun day for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment