Friday, February 13, 2015

Another Fun Day on Pine Island

Ken and I had a great night's sleep and were up around 7:30.  We got ready for our day and I headed to the laundry here at the CG.  I put the wash in and headed back to our campsite where Ken had breakfast waiting.  After eating, I headed back to finish the laundry.  Ken cleaned up and spent time making phone calls and checking bills, etc. on the internet.  Doloris Martin from back home called me and they were on Interstate 75 and just getting off at Interstate 4.  Looking to arrive in Venice sometime after lunch.  By 10:30 we both had completed our "chores/work" and just then I saw Bill and Donna walking by our motorhome.  So, I opened the door to greet them and before we knew it, the 4 of us spent about an hour outside in the sunshine just chatting and sharing life. We really enjoy talking with them.  

It was a pleasant day with lots of sunshine, temperatures in the upper 60's, but a bit breezy.  So, Ken had packed our lunch and we decided to head to Matlacha for a picnic in the park and then walking around Matlacha to get our 10,000 steps.  We left the CG at 12:00 and when we got to within 2 miles of Matlacha, the traffic was stopped and then "crawling".  So, Ken and I decided to turn around and avoid all of that!  We stopped at Tropical Point, an area for launching small motorless boats and kayaks.  There we sat on a bench enjoying our lunch and having a great view of the water.  A perfect setting!  From there we went back to the CG and our neighboring campers came over to ask Ken questions concerning Real Estate.  They are Canadians and getting opinions from people regarding purchasing property in Florida!  We also talked about lots of other things and enjoyed spending time with Randy and Jane.

This was our view while eating lunch!  Not Bad!!!!


It was time to leave the CG if we were going to get our 10,000 steps today.  So off we went around 3 and returned at 4:20 and we did complete the necessary steps.  Ken starting rearranging things in the car and basement of Waldo to prepare for tomorrow's craft show at the Lutheran Church here on the island.  I talked to Doloris again and they are settled in their hotel in Venice after stopping at Lazydays and Parkesdale Market on there way.  We are looking forward to seeing them on Sunday when we arrive at Rambler's Rest CG.he is still having challenges with her foot and hip.  It has to be so hard when there are so many things you would like to be doing! I put things away in preparation for our departure from Pine Island.  Also made dinner. 

Can you see the pileated woodpecker on the tree?????

Here he is up close and personal!!!!!  So colorful!

This eagle nest was far from the walking trail, but Ken's camera
took a good photo and it looks like mama is feeding her babies!


Okay, Doloris,, what kind of hawk is this one?????? 

He liked posing for us.  We were right underneath him/her!

More beautiful palms!


We even have steers on the island!


After dinner I talked to my mother and then we sent the evening watching TV and I made some jewelry.

This time on Pine Island has just flown by!  Like I always say, there are less hours in the day and less days in the week when in Florida"! 



1 comment:

  1. I don't have my book to be sure but I believe it is a Cooper's hawk. It is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete