Monday, July 13, 2015

A Day of Accomplishments at Hershey Preserve!

Ken and I were up by 7:00 and we watched the beginning of The Today Show.  Ken prepared breakfast while I got ready.  We decided it was a good day to take another bike ride on the trail starting at Colebrook.

After enjoying breakfast outside and cleaning up, we walked over to Neil and Nancy to invite them to join us on the bike ride.  Neil was leaving to mow the yard at his mother's house in Leola and Nancy had calls to make and paperwork to sort through.  When Ken and I returned to Waldo around 10, we decided to skip the bike ride for today, and do some things we have been meaning to do recently, but never took the time to accomplish.  

He went for a walk while I finished my blog post from yesterday and then I started sorting through all the photos I had developed from our trip out west to decide which ones to put in the 2 frames I had bought for our bedroom in Waldo.  Took me longer than I thought and then I started mounting them in the frames.  When Ken returned we spent time trying to decide how to hang them and in what kind of arrangement.  Eventually we got both of them on the wall, but not until we had contacted Neil who was shopping after finishing the mowing, and he bought us some needed sawtooth hooks.  Thanks, Neil.

By then, it was lunch time and again we enjoyed eating outside.  After lunch Ken assembled the mirrors we had purchased for our bikes and installed them in the ends of our handlebars.  I walked down to the pool to try to meet up with my sister and her daughter, granddaughter, grandson, and daughter-in-law who had come to visit her and John for the day.  Later Ken and I walked over to their campsite, but somehow we missed them again.  Unfortunately, our paths never crossed and I was disappointed that I never got to visit with them.

Ken and I decided to play a game of Skip-Bo at the picnic table, but before we got to finish, Cindy and John stopped by.  They were returning from having ice cream at the Jigger Shop in Mt. Gretna with the family.  The 4 of us played Skip-Bo (women won) and started a game of Pinochle.  By then it was 6:15 and Ken and I were getting hungry.  So we stopped the game, they returned to their campsite, and Ken and I grilled dinner.

After clean-up we went to their site and finished the pinochle game (women won again), then played up the river (men won) and ended the night with 5 Crowns (women won this too!).  It was a fun evening and we loved Cindy's Banana Cake with the brown butter icing.  It was my Aunt Beulah's recipe so it had to be delicious! 

We were back to Waldo by 10:15 to post on the blog, read, and call it a day. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we do the bike ride tomorrow morning. Time will tell!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment