Wednesday, July 29, 2015

We Arrived At Hershey Preserve!

Ken went to the LR to read at 6.  I got up at 6:45 and we loaded more things in Waldo.  We got everything inside except for the refrigerator and freezer.  I am sure there were a few more things too, but the majority of it was done before we got ready and then had a cooked breakfast!

I left at 9 to go to the Dr.'s office for my Shingles Vaccine.  Without a lot of detail, it has been quite an ordeal to work this out with my insurance company.  They state that the shingles vaccine is free for its people after age 60, but try to figure out how to get it without paying up front.  It has been interesting.  I wanted to get it before Sat. (Aug. 1) when my Medicare goes into effect!  How can that be????  65???????  Oh well.  Medicare does not pay for it (take heed!) and the vaccine costs about $250.00.  Nothing to sneeze at!!  Let me just say that as of 9:30 this morning this girl has the vaccine - hallelujah!!!!

I returned home and Ken and I were on our way to Hershey Preserve by 10:30. We were able to get a great site on the hill with no one right in front of us or behind us and we could look down to the lake!  Not bad!!!  We got all set up inside and out, Ken showered (it was only 90 degrees with such high humidity), ate lunch, and were on our way to visit my parents by 12:50 - not bad!!!!  We played 2 games of pinochle, with the men winning both, before my sister and her husband, John, arrived.  Then the 6 of us played Up the River.  It was a fun afternoon.  So amazing that my Dad was doing so well after just returning from the hospital yesterday.  He enjoyed the card games and was happy to be back to Masonic.

We arrived at the CG at 4:45 and Ken took a nap while I worked on the blog.  I had gotten behind lately.  Then we prepped for dinner and it involved a lot of slicing, dicing, and cooking.  Ken got so hot grilling that another shower was a necessity.  I did the clean-up and there were certainly many, many dishes.  

More work on the blog and then Fred and Doloris stopped by around 8:30.  They had arrived at the CG around 6:15, leaving after Fred got home from work.  We chatted until 10 and then they headed back to their 5th Wheel.  Fred has to get up at 5 to go to work in the morning.  We went right to bed!  So good to be back in Waldo!

No comments:

Post a Comment