Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sunday Thru Tuesday in Lititz!

Well, we have kept busy, but it is very quiet at the apartment with none of the granddaughter there.  We really did have a very good time with them!

Sunday was a quiet relaxing day!  After Church and breakfast with our small support group, Ken took a walk around Lititz while I drove to Joann Fabrics and Michaels to buy some craft items that were on an Independence Day Sale.  Ken took a fairly long walk and his heel seemed to be improved.

That evening we watched the Women's World Cup Soccer and what a game.  It was so exciting and the end result was wonderful.

Monday Ken took another walk while I got ready and prepped breakfast.  He cooked it and I was on the way to pick up my Dad at Masonic Homes at 8:30 for a 9 AM Doctor appt. in Lancaster.  The appt. was a follow-up from his hospital stay and from my point of view, a waste.  The Dr. is very kind and interested in my Dad, but basically he said he looked great and did he have any question.  That was it.  If you would see how difficult it is for my dad to get in and out of a car, you would appreciate my feelings of it being a wasted trip.  

It stayed a Masonic until lunchtime visiting with both of my parents.  I made 2 stops on the way back to Lititz, arriving around 2.  We began getting somethings together for our week camping trip in nearby Hershey.  Ken grilled and we had another relaxing evening.

Tuesday Ken took another walk while I got ready and worked on breakfast.  We went to Roots Market again for fruits and veggies and then stopped at Polly's to get our bikes and our corn hole game.  I went to Wal-Mart for groceries while Ken vaccumed and washed the floors in the apartment.  What a good guy!  We spent more time loading additional items in Waldo.  After dinner we headed to the Ephrata Community Pool for another swim meet for Cali and Bria.  Bria actually took 1st place in the 8 and under girls freestyle with a new personal best time.  We only got home at 9.

It has been a busy few days and we are looking forward to a fun and relaxing time at Hershey Preserve and spending some time with Neil and Nancy Savage and my sister, Cindy, and her husband John.  Hopefully we will play some pickleball and do some bike riding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment