Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Very Relaxing Day at Hershey Preserve!

Ken and I were awake at 6:45 and enjoyed watching the local news and the first 1/2 hour of The Today Show while in bed.  What a luxury!  Then Ken had a cup of tea and I had chai and we took it outside to enjoy the morning while "drinking".  It was a gorgeous morning with a nice breeze and only in the low 70's.  

After breakfast, we took a long walk around the CG.  The park is extremely full with very few sites available.  I called my sister, Cindy, to I suggested they might want to get here around 10 tomorrow morning so they can get a site as soon as someone leaves.  We are looking forward to their arrival!

Then Ken and I spent several hours going through the photos we had taken while on West Trip to decide which ones to order and put in frames for the bedroom here in Waldo.  Needless to say, we had lots of photos to search through and it was hard to pick which 20 or so were worthy of framing.  We also decided that we should do a separate collage of Angel's Landing, since that was such a highlight of our trip and the photos were really good.  Then I had to crop and do some "touch-up" before downloading them to the Costco site to order them, so this was quite a project!

Ken read and then took a short nap while I chatted with Nancy Savage outside Waldo.  Neil has a terrible cold and went to the Dr. early this morning for a Z-Pack and some cough medicine.  He was napping, so Nancy and I visited.

Ken made salmon, a pork chop, brussel sprouts, and fresh yellow beans on the grill.  He just finished grilling when the rain began.  They were predicting heavy rains and violent storms, even with a tornado warning, but fortunately, we only experienced a fast moving shower.  Polly called to make sure we were aware of the forecast for our area and to ask if we had a plan to protect ourselves.  I really appreciated her concern for our safety.  What a special friend!

After clean-up, Ken and I took another walk around the CG and then  at 9 decided to go to bed and read.  Another shower passed through when we headed to bed.  This really was a relaxing and enjoyable day.


No comments:

Post a Comment