Monday, November 6, 2017

Sunday and Monday - Fun Days!

Ken and I were up a bit early due to the time change and got ready to go to church.  We left at 8:30 and enjoyed the service, visiting with our Life Group and spending time with our daughter and her family!  We had a fun time with Bria and Cali.

Ken and I left there at 10:45 and went to Old Hickory Grill for breakfast.  We had to wait about 15 minutes as they were so full.  No wonder - they offer such a huge menu for breakfast and their food is so good.

From there we went to Costco to pick-up a large birthday cake for mother and their delicious pumpkin pie to serve at my ladies card club tomorrow at our house.  On the way to Masonic Homes we got drinks for Ken and I and my parents arriving there around 1:00.  

In the elevator on the way to the lounge on mom's floor, there was a resident who came aboard and when he saw the cake he pulled out his harmonica and played Happy Birthday.  So I asked him if he would please come to the lounge in about 1/2 an hour and play for my mother and he agreed!

Cindy and John had arrived before us and when we went to the lounge, the gentleman was waiting for us to play his harmonica.  So we all sang while he played and then asked him to please play another song.  So he did a great job playing Swanee River.  What a treat!

The 6 of us spent the afternoon playing 2 games of Up the River and it was even - the men and women each won one!  We had a very good time and took a break between games to enjoy cake and ice cream, inviting anyone that was nearby to have a piece of cake.  It was a special day for all of us as our Mother turned 88 today!  What a milestone!

I hope I look this good at 88!

Mother and Daughters!

Ken and I were home by 5:30 and I decided to do a local of wash.  I also made a few pair of earrings.  Ken read and we watched the news and 60 Minutes.  It was a wonderful day!

This morning, Monday, I met the Curvette gals at Old Hickory Grille  (again!) for breakfast and to celebrate Polly and Deb's birthdays.  There were 7 of us and we had a fun time.  We laughed so hard at the crazy birthday cards that we had brought for the birthday gals.  I was back home by 8:45 and Ken had done a wonderful job of doing some clean-up and organizing for my ladies card club that started at 11:30.

Marty arrived early (she forgot to change her LR clock) and it was so nice for Ken and I to have time to visit with her.  Years ago she and her family were our neighbors even though we lived about 1/2 mile apart out in the countryside.  By 11:30 all 7 ladies had arrived, including my sister, Cindy, who was a sub for one of the regulars!  We always have a fun time sharing and playing pinochle!

The ladies asked to see my seaglass pictures and by the time they left I had sold 13 - wow!  I was so grateful!  Ken arrived back home when the ladies were leaving - he timed that just right.  He had spent time with our daughter, Jamie, and had lunch with Kevin!

During card club, I had gotten a call from the Surgical Center to schedule my surgery and they can do it already this Friday in the afternoon - hallelujah!  So, I headed right to the lab after they all left to get my blood work and EKG so they would have the results in time for my surgery!  My good husband had done most of the clean-up till I returned.

I reorganized my finished sea glass pictures, played one game on the I-Pad and then we had dinner and cleaned up.  We played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot (Ken is winning) and then I watched The Voice and Ken did some reading.  There are some really talented singers on that show!  I also filled out a loooooong medical questionnaire for my medical records at the hospital.  It must have taken at least a 1/2 hour!  In bed by 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment