Friday, November 10, 2017

Thursday and Friday - Cold Days in Lancaster County!

Thursday morning, Ken left by 7:30 to have breakfast with his friend Gary.  I decided it was a good morning to bake some of those delicious oat bran muffins with the recipe my good friend Noela had given me.  Ken and I both enjoy them and now even my mother is hooked on them!  By the time I had eaten breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, Ken was back home after running some addition errands!

Ken did some reading and I worked at my desk on some craft projects.  After lunch, we drove to Masonic Village to play Pinochle with mom and dad.  It was a fun afternoon, but the men won 3 of the 5 games.  Not sure what is going on!!!!!

We left there at 4:30 and came back home for a quick dinner and then at 6:00 we were on our way to the Quentin area to visit with Alton and Jane Good, members of our Life Group.  Alton had a stroke about 2 months ago and both he and Jane have been on a bit of a "roller coaster ride"!  He is home and goes to 3 hours of therapy 3 times per week.  He has made lots of headway and they are both optimistic about his outcome.  He is a fighter and working very hard to keep improving.  It was so good to see them and we had a very nice time chatting.  It is only recently that he was ready to have visitors, so we were so happy to spend time with them.

We were back home around 8 (we didn't want to overstay our time with Alton) and I watched the 300th episode of Grey's Anatomy.  Then we watched some of the football game before heading to bed around 10:15.

Today, Friday, Ken was up very early and did a lot of reading.  I had a rather restless night and was out of bed in time to watch the world news!  I had to be at the surgical center at 12:30 for my procedure at 1:30, and since I couldn't eat of drink I did some craft projects to occupy my time.  It is so hard to keep my anxieties under control even though I know the procedure is painless and the outcome should be just fine according to Dr. Del Terzo!  But somehow, it is hard to just relax!

Ken worked at his desk and then checked out a storage area in Manheim for possible storage of Wilbur for next year.  He found out they are no longer storing motorhomes!

We left at 12:00 for the Physicians Surgical Center for my 1:30 procedure.  My nurse for pre-op was a daughter of the dentist I used to work for BK (before kids) and Ken and I had stayed at their house to baby-sit while their parents went on a 10 day vacation.  It was nice to reminisce while waiting.  Unfortunately Dr. Del Terzo was behind schedule and I didn't "walk" into the OR until 2:45 - waiting is the hard part!  All went extremely well and by 3:45 I left the recovery room.  Ken had fasted with me today (what a guy!), so they gave him some cookies and ginger ale too!  We were out of there by 4:15 and on our way to the Knight and Day Diner for a meal and home by 5:45.  I talked to my friend, Polly, and she was going to e-mail a message to the Curvettes with an update from today's procedure.  Thanks, Polly!

My report was excellent.  Dr. Del Terzo talked to me and he is not sending the tiny spot to cytology.  He said there is absolutely no need for a biopsy - all is well.  He also suggested that if I have any more little spots he suggests that we remove them while he does the cystoscopy.  Having the surgery is so involved for the tiny spots he is removing.  I had planned to ask him if that was a possibility, so I am thrilled with his suggestion!  I will see him for a cysto next November.  We watched the news and I talked with Noela (they are doing well in the southwest), sent some e-mails and messages on my phone, and  played some games on the I-Pad.  Then Ken beat me at another game of Hand and Foot. By 8:45 we were in bed to read.  Anesthesia does make me tired and last night was a bit of a restless night, so I was ready to call it a day!

Just an FYI - it is WINTER here in Lanc. County today.  It was in the 30's with 25 mph winds, making it feel like it was in the teens!  What is that about?  Supposed to get to 17 degrees overnight.  No wonder we got to Florida.  This gal is not a fan (to put it mildly) of this weather!  I need warm and plenty of sunshine!

I am Celebrating Life and feeling so Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Glad all went well with your procedure! Cold here at Chesapeake Bay as well! When do you leave for Florida?