Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Tuesday and Wednesday - Getting Cold in PA!

Tuesday morning Ken had breakfast with one of his friends from CR.  I spent that time keeping busy around the house and getting ready for the day.

At 10:15 we left to deliver food to folks here in Lititz for Meal on Wheels.  Ken and I enjoy doing that and the people are so appreciative!  It takes about 1 hour to deliver the meals and from there we went to Polly's to take here to lunch for her Birthday.  We decided to stay rather local because of the predicted rain starting early afternoon and it was rather chilly.  

We debated where to go and at Polly's suggestion we went to Stoner's Grill in Lancaster.  Ken and I had talked about trying it, but we didn't know anyone who had gone there.  It turned out to be a terrific choice.  The atmosphere is great and the food was positively delicious.  Ken and I had soup and shared the pulled pork quesidillea and everything was amazing.  We had a lot of fun sharing and spending time with Polly!

We were back home by 2:30 and Ken did some reading while I worked at my desk on my sea glass pictures.  We were feeling "stuffed" from lunch so we had a very light dinner and by 6:30 we were at church for a special evening at Celebrate Recovery!  

A biker "dude" by the name of Jeff Stultz was there to share his testimony of his journey to finding Christ!  He is the National Director of Broken Chains, the motorcycle affiliate of Celebrate Recovery!  His incredible message of a changed life was amazing.  He says God has turned his mess into a message for Christ.  I also got to meet most of the gentlemen that Ken did his Step Study with.  

This is Jeff's daily mode of transportation!

We were back home by 9:30 and went right to bed.

Today, Wednesday, was a very cool day with temperatures only in 40's.  Quite a change!  Looks like we are in for some cold weather!

Ken was up by 5:30 and when I arose, I made him a flax pancake for breakfast.  He left at 8 to go to MCC for his volunteer job.  I did a load of wash, cleaned up, and then spent most of the morning making sea glass pictures.  It was a fun time for me.

We ate lunch when Ken returned and then he read while I did some additional crafts at my desk.  Around 3 we decided to go for a walk.  It was chilly, but we were dressed appropriately.  For some reason, my leg and hip gave me some trouble, so it was not a very comfortable walk for me, but okay!

At 4:15 we drove to Jamie's house to spend time with Bria and Cali while Dane and Jamie went to parent/teacher conferences!  Cali enjoyed reading to us 

The "teacher" was reading to us
and showing us the pictures!

and then I spent time with Bria coloring in those adult coloring books.  It gave us time to just chat while we were creative!

Dane had a meeting and was not home for dinner.  Jamie invited Ken and I to have dinner with her and the girls.  After a delicious meal and a time of sharing, we helped her with the dishes and clean-up and were home by 8.  I chatted with Lanie and we watched the Country Music Awards while I worked on this blog.

It was bedtime around 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment