Saturday, February 9, 2019

Saturday - Very Nice Weather Day!

Ken and I actually slept in later than usual and did our morning routine!  Ken went to get the oil changed in our CRV .  Then we went to visit Bob and Pat who help at the Food Pantry.  Pat has been having lots of pain from sciatica over the last several weeks and finally had an MRI which showed that she has scoliosis, arthritis, and sciatica issues.  She will have physical therapy this next week and an appointment with an orthopedist.  We only visited about an hour, for we could see that she was getting extremely tired and struggling with pain.  It has certainly been a tough time for Bob and Pat.

Back to the CG and we went with Ernie and Noela to have lunch at Farlow's on the Water.  As per usual, the food and service were wonderful.  We returned to Wilbur at 3:15 and Noela and I went to Hobby Lobby for a few craft items and then to Home Depot to buy some landscaping rocks for painting.  We thought you could pick the rocks there and get a 5 lb. bucket full, but they only had the rocks by the bag.  We will go to a landscaping place where we should be able to pick the rocks we want.

The 4 of us met at 7:30 and played an entire game of Hand and Foot which the men won, but only by 500 points.  We ended our evening at 9:15 and we went right to bed.  

During the night I woke and realized that Noela and I could have won Hand and Foot if I would have played my last turn differently.  I was rather disappointed in myself and then remembered, it was just a game!!!!

1 comment: