Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday - Another Travel Day!

Ken was up early to do his normal morning reading routine and I got up at 6:00 to do my stretches and devotions before we got ready.  We went down to the continental breakfast at 7:45 and it was rather skimpy.  We loaded everything back in the car and by 9 all of us were leaving for Louisiana.  

Phil, our leader, said that we would be very close to the French Quarter in New Orleans if any of us chose to stop.  So that is what Burt, Pat, Ken and I decided to do.  We had very little traffic going in and leaving and we found a parking space immediately (they say all of that is very unusual!)  My mother told me if I got near the area that I had to try the beignets.  Wow, was she right.  They were positively delicious!  At Cafe Beignet you get 3 of them for $3.99 and they almost melt in you mouth.  We only spent about 1 1/2 hours in the French Quarter before continuing our trip to Baldwin.  


We parked in this block of the French Quarter

Reminded me of Mallory Square in Key West.





The most famous place for getting beignets but there was
such a long way.

Pecan Pralines!


One of the local tour guides recommended the Beignet Cafe
these delicious treats.  The make them to order!

Cute little cafe and very full.  We had to wait at least 20 minutes!

I'm waiting!

.....and here they are!

Positively delicious!


I don't understand how this mime is sitting this
way without moving!

Crazy!!!!

Some interesting music!

Our traveling companions and good friends, Burt and Pat!



The skyline of New Orelans!


The rest of the trip went very smoothly and we arrived at our destination, UMCOR Sager Brown around 4.  The rest of our group had already arrived.  Our room is more than adequate and the large bathrooms very nice.  It will be a comfortable 5 night stay.

Ken and I took a short walk on the property, which is bordered by the Bayou and than sat in one of the deck areas meeting a few new people and chatting with some of our group.

On the back of the property at Sager Brown!

A large tugboat!


This bluebird came to visit us!

The door to our room for this week!


We had a meeting at 6 to learn more about our week and then our group went to a local Mexican Restaurant that was excellent and the server amazing.  What fun.  Back to our room by 8:15 and I downloaded photos and worked on this blog.  

Our group from Edgewater Church in Port Charlotte, FL!

A great Mexican Meal!


1 comment:

  1. I've done a taste test of beignets! You had really good ones. I also like Cafe de Munde. My favorite are in Fairhope AL. They serve a slice of lemon with theirs. Yum. Looking forward to reading more about your mission work.

    ReplyDelete