Saturday, February 23, 2019

Saturday - Woke up at Harbor Lakes!

Ken was up his usual early time and by 7:15 he was walking to meet Ernie.  Noela and Joyce had invited me to join them at a neighboring community garage sale, but I wasn't ready to get up to meet them at 7:30.  I only got up at 8 and was feeling so tired.  

I headed to the laundry to do 2 loads and met up with Ken, Ernie, and Noela when I returned to Wilbur.  It was so nice to chat with them and we appreciated that they checked on Wilbur while we were gone.  Ken and I went to get our wash and then hung it on our washline.  We ate breakfast and I told Ken I was going to go back to bed.  I didn't feel 100%.  He spent that time setting up outside - awning, chairs, sunscreen, windchimes, etc.

I felt much better when I got up (I guess I was just exhausted) and brought in the wash, ate lunch, and then worked on our blog.  Ken took an hour nap (he was tired too) and after showers, we were on our way to Venice to have dinner with our LCBC group from back home at Burgundy Square.  There were 11 of us and we had a delightful time together.  The food was very good, but they were short 2 cooks, so service was rather slow.  It is also a rather "noisy" dining area, so it can be difficult to chat, especially when there are so many at a round table.  All of that said, we had a wonderful time and were so happy to see everyone again!

Took 2 photos to get everyone on the picture.  What a
special group of friends and to think we all get together
here in Florida because of our Church in Lanc. County, PA!




Ken and I were back to Wilbur by 8:45 and I went right to bed to read and relax.  

No comments:

Post a Comment