Thursday, February 7, 2019

Thursday - A Gorgeous Warm, Sunny Day. In the 80's!

We did our normal morning walk routine, ate breakfast, and by 8:40 Ken was on his way to Edgewater Church to set-up for the Food Pantry.  I spent a lot of time writing notes in the girls Valentine cards and the one for my parents.

Then I went outside to do my devotions since it was already warm and beautiful.  I worked on this blog then spent time "touching up" 2 of my coconut fish that I had painted previously and were in need of some "re-do"!  The one has been hanging outside for at least 6 or 7 years and it is amazing how well it has held up during that time.

Ken was back to the CG around 12:30, so we ate lunch and by 2:00 were on Manasota Beach.  It was a beautiful beach day.  We read for awhile and then I had a great phone call with Doloris back home.  They will be in Florida for a week, but unfortunately it is the same week we are on our mission trip, so we won't be able to get together - disappointing!  Ken and I took long walks on the beach and we returned to our chairs and met up with Ernie and Noela. 

The beach was rather "full" today!



We left the beach and headed back to the CG arriving around 5:30.  Ken grilled a piece of salmon and a steak while I made us salads.  After eating, he did some reading while I played an hour of pickleball and I had such a good time.  There were only 4 of us and we are very competitive, so we had 5 great games.

We played cards with Ernie and Noela from 7:45 to 9 and the women finally won a game of Skip-Bo which is so unusual.  Bed by 9:30!


No comments:

Post a Comment