Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thursday - Warm, Sunny Day!

I decided not to walk with the "gang" this morning because it had been a rather restless night and I needed some extra shut eye!!!!  Ken was more ambitious than me and walked with Ernie and Noela.

He left by 8:40 to go to Edgewater Church to help set-up and unload the truck for tomorrow's Food Pantry.  I put in a load of wash, ate breakfast, and then mixed oat bran muffins which take a while to bake in my convection oven.  I hung out the wash and did the dishes before trying to catch up on my blog.  Somehow I had really gotten behind.  I also had a lot of photos to download and crop from yesterday's trip to Dave and Sharon's.

Ken only returned around 12:45 after a very busy morning with Ken and Joe being the only men to unload 5 skids of food.  I put in another load of wash and Ken had a great phone conversation with Kevin, who had worked with us on our Real Estate Team.  After eating our lunch outside, Ken vacuumed and did more dishes while I hung the 2nd load of wash.

Ken read and rested while I talked to Cindy, completed most of my blog and my devotions!  I thought I was going to have some time to do some crafting today, but boy was I wrong.  Both of us have been busy all day!

At 4:30 Ernie, Noela, Ken and I went to play shuffleboard which the men won (they came from behind) in a game that took 1 1/2 hours - crazy!  Back to Wilbur to bring in the wash, make salads, and Ken grilled chicken.  After doing the dishes, I left to play pickleball, but unfortunately, no one showed up.  I think they may have had an activity in the clubhouse.  So, I wrote notes to several people and finished my devotions before going to Ernie and Noela's to play Hand and Foot which the the women conceded after 2 rounds - the men were winning by a huge margin.  We played a short version of Uno and finally the women won a game!!!

Back to Wilbur to finish my blog, cards, and then head to bed.  It has been an extremely busy day, but a great one for "catching up" on many things!

No comments:

Post a Comment