Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Tuesday - Warm and Humid, but Very Windy!

The 4 of us enjoyed our morning walk and after breakfast, Ken and I walked back to the CG pickleball courts where about 20 or more players were participating in a tournament.  I would have played, but I am committed to playing on Tuesday mornings with the ladies from Edgewater Church in North Port.  It was fun watching folks who I have played with over the last few years.

I left at 9:45 and went to North Port to play about an hour of pickleball before the church ladies who are learning to play arrived.  It was a tough morning to play because of the extremely windy conditions!  While I was gone, Ken had taken down most of our outdoor decorations and wind screen because on Thursday afternoon a gentleman is coming to wash and wax Wilbur.

I met Ken, Ernie, Noela, Jim and Joyce at Bocca Lupa Pizza at 12:15.  Today, 25% of your bill went to Angel Kits for homeless children in the North Port area.  The pizza was delicious and it felt good to contribute to a cause that Ken and I hope to get involved with.  Ken and I went to Wal-Mart and when we returned to the CG the 6 of us got together for ice cream.  Ken and I had told them about the Key Lime Pie with Mango Ice Cream that Rick and Joyce had introduced to us and the group wanted to try it.  Wow, everyone agreed it was yummy.  Unfortunately it looks like it might have been a feature flavor for just a short time.  We will be on a search to be sure!

I finished "touching up" my coconut fish while Ken read and then after a light dinner, I went to play pickleball.  It was a warm evening and the wind had stopped.  Over to Ernie and Noela's to play Hand and Foot.  After 2 rounds the women were winning by a huge margin, but the 3rd round Noela and I didn't get into our feet and the men nearly "caught up"!  I guess the 4th round will determine the winner!

Back to Wilbur by 9:20 and after a shower, I watched that favorite show of mine, New Amsterdam. and it didn't disappoint!  Bed by 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment