Friday, March 1, 2019

Friday - Food Pantry Day

Ken had a very short night's sleep because he was up at 4:30 AM, did a lot of reading, and then made us breakfast while I did my morning routine.  What a guy!

By 8:40 we were on our way to Edgewater Church to help at the weekly Food Pantry.  We had lots of food to give out today including an abundance of desserts (large decorated cakes), fresh fruit, and many rolls, crescents, and loaves of bread.  It felt good to give out so much good food to folks who needed and appreciated it!  When it ended at 12:30, we cleaned up the area and then 16 of us went to Longhorn Steakhouse for a delicious lunch.


So many large cakes and leftovers fancy boxes of Valentine candy!


Add caption

Everyone that comes to the Pantry gets a bag of canned goods!

What a special group of people that we are blessed to call friends!


Before we left for lunch Ken took some photos of the church's volunteer bike shop.  They give bikes for free to people who qualify, send some to Haiti every year, and also sell some at the church's Thrift Shop with the money going back to the bike shop for parts, etc.  What they do there each week is amazing!





Ken and I were back to the CG by 2:45 and Ken was exhausted from all the work he had done yesterday and today.  He read and then rest.  The RV repairman was supposed to come around 3 to reinstall our windshield blind and sun shade, but he had another job that had to be finished today and rescheduled his time with us until Monday.

I did some reading and playing on my tablet and then spent about 45 minutes at Ernie and Noela's to chat and talk about our plans for tomorrow.  I came back to Wilbur and  Ken was reading outside.  Soon Ernie and Noela rode by on their bikes and stopped in to visit.  We decided not to get together tonight and rest up for bike riding tomorrow on Pine Island.

After watching the Evening News, Ken went to Publix to get some ice cream - some for tonight and when Burpent too much of the evening playing on my tablet.  I was too lazy to get out any of my craft projects and work on them because it was 7:30 and I didn't think I had enough time to accomplish enough before I would have to put everything back.  Needless to say, I wasted 1 1/2 hours!  

I was in bed by 8:45 to read and Ken joined me around 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment