Thursday, April 7, 2016

A Rainy Cool Morning. Then Sun and In the 50's!

Ken and I were up at 7 and he left at 8 to have breakfast with Gary.  I doing some reading I started cleaning, my least favorite job.  I dusted the whole apartment and then made a pan of apple crisp, a dessert needed for couples card club at our house this Saturday night!

Ken did numerous errands after breakfast, including visiting Ed, a gentleman who handled many of Ken's settlements when he was in the Real Estate business.  Ed is in a nursing home at the present time trying to built strength while battling cancer.  

Ken was back home by noon.  Again, we spent time in the office and then Ken went for a walk.  I was having trouble with my back today and decided it was not a good idea to go for a walk, so I made 3 more cards.  I think I am addicted to this craft again!

We made some necessary phone calls and then left at 4:15 to meet Rick and Joyce, who are in our small church group, for dinner at Gus's in Ephrata.  We really enjoyed our time with them.  She also brought me 3 more canisters of Chai - much needed, I was having withdrawal symptoms!

We were home to watch the finale of American Idol.  What a great show!  I thought the music was phenomenal.  Of course, I was making cards while watching since I love to multi task.  Just ask Ken!

No comments:

Post a Comment