Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Cold and Rainy Days! What Is That About???

Tuesday was another cold day, but sunny - 33 degrees again!  Ken took a walk (I just didn't want to go out in the cold) while I made breakfast for us.

I went to Jamie's at 10 for highlights and a much needed haircut.  The last time I had it cut was at her house in December.  It was LONG!!!!  We had some terrific discussions and I was thankful for the time we had together and for the great haircut.  I left there around 12:30 and did several errands.  

Ken had been working at his desk most of the day.  Then he spent time on the phone with American Express trying to understand our new cards that we received since Costco will not be dealing with American Express after June.

I had conversations with Lanie, Nancy Savage, and Mom.  Nancy and Neil are camping at Pinch Pond until Hershey opens this weekend.  Her close friend, Marilyn, whom we had met in Florida last year, died recently.  She had cancer for several years and always had such a positive attitude, a dear lady!  Mom said that dad was so much better today since starting on the antibiotic.

We left at 5 and drove to Pine Grove, about 1 hour from our apartment, to meet Ernie and Noela.  We waited at the Hampton Inn until they arrived at 6:40.  It was so good to see them!  They had driven 9 hours today, so they were tired and hungry.  We went to the Red Lion Inn outside of Pine Grove, a recommendation of the lady at the hotel desk, and we had a very good dinner.

Very Special Friends!

We dropped them back at the hotel around 8:30 and after some hugs headed back to Lititz.  They are hoping to meet up with us in Utah some time after the middle of October and travel with us for about 6 weeks before we all head home for the Christmas Holiday!  

Wednesday it was 24 degrees and very breezy when we got up.  I left at 6:40 to meet the Curvette ladies for breakfast in Ephrata.  We spent time planning our 4 day adventure to Watkins Glen the end of this month.  I was back home by 8:30 and Ken I shared our office space again.

After lunch, we took a long walk, getting our 10,000 steps.  I spent time on the internet checking out scrapbooking sites like Costco, Shutterfly and Snapfish. Not sure how I want to do albums for our granddaughters!

Ken grilled fish and chicken and after dinner he read and I spent time making more cards and watching American Idol.  Bed by 10:30.

2 special things happened today.  My dad was given the okay to use his new wheelchair all the time without any more training.  He is so happy to have such a comfortable and functional chair.  The other big thing - I became a great Aunt today.  Cindy's daughter, Heather, had an 8 lb. 1 oz. baby boy named Galen John Alexander Lee and will be called Jack.  Mother and Jack are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment