Thursday, April 21, 2016

Time to Fill in the Blank Days!

Wednesday, April 20 was an early rise day meeting the Curvettes for breakfast at 6:45 in Ephrata to discuss our trip to Watkins Glen.  From there I went to Wal-Mart for a few groceries.  When I got home I started some packing for the trip and loading some things to take to mom later.

Ken and I had an appointment with our financial advisor and from there went to Masonic Homes to play Pinochle with Mom and Dad.  It was a fun afternoon.  I was extremely sleepy on the drive there, probably because I didn't have my "needed" chai this morning for that boost of caffeine.  I can't believe I have gotten so "hooked" on that stuff!

We left there around 4:45 and stopped at John and Cindy's for a short time and then took a moderate walk when we got home.  I spent the evening recording our expenses in our budget program - what fun!  Where does all that money go????

Thursday morning I did some wash and then spent a lot of time packing for the Watkins Glen adventure.  How can it take so long and do you "think" you need so much stuff for a 3 day, 2 night trip???  It's crazy, but the weather forecast and temperatures for that area caused me to pack "layers" of clothing.

Ken and I went for a long walk in the 70 degree temperature.  It was a very nice day.  When we returned we called our youngest granddaughter, Katelyn, to sing Happy Birthday.  She turned 5 today.  We grilled for dinner and I spent the evening making cards while Ken read. 

I did get a phone call from Noela today and they signed up for Passport America, a membership for RVer's that gets you in to many campgrounds at a reduced rate.  She also made reservations for the CG where we will be staying for 1 week in Mesa, Arizona when Dane is participating in the Ironman competition.  It's exciting! 

Planned to go to bed early, but only turned off the light around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment