Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Fun Day at Hershey Preserve!

Ken and I only woke at 8 and quickly got up to get ready to play pickleball.  Ken had done a lot of prepping for breakfast before going to bed last night (he is always one step ahead) including cutting up fresh fruit and even sauteing the onions and peppers - wow!  He finished making breakfast while I got ready.  It was a delicious breakfast.

We were on the courts by 9 and there were already 8 people playing. They had started around 8:00 AM.  One of the couples was Wade and his wife who had helped us learn the game when we were all here 3 years ago.  They actually gave us some wooden paddles which were their 1st ones, and told us to use them and when we bought new ones to pass them on to some other beginner players.  It was good to see and talk with them again.  Ken and I hadn't played since about March so we were really excited to get back on the courts. With Ken's problem with his heel and my back issues, we had thought we wouldn't play while we were here, but both of us were so ready to give it a try.  Our 1st game went well, but my next 2 were only mediocre at best!  Ken did very well and we both had a really good time.  We were finished playing around 11 and headed back to Waldo, looking forward to returning to play tomorrow.

After lunch, Ken drove to Wal-Mart for a few groceries while I cleaned up and then sat outside playing Pop Words on the I-Pad.  Then I set-up outside to make jewelry.  It was a gorgeous day to be outside, not too hot or sunny, and I spent the afternoon having a fun time making earrings and pendants.  Ken returned around 2:30 and he sat outside with me reading the newspaper and chatting.

Ken insisted on making the salads for tonight and tomorrow night since I was actually doing something that would make us money!!!!  I did help to get the fresh green beans ready for sauteing, but that was the extend of my help with dinner.  Ken grilled a piece of salmon and a steak while I "tended" the green beans.  We really enjoyed eating outside.  We watched some TV outside while I continued making jewelry. 

At 8 PM we took a walk around the CG since it was such a beautiful evening. 


The sky was so beautiful tonight!


 Unfortunately, I think, we were not able to get the Presidential Debate, so we were in bed by 10.  

After lunch tomorrow, Sam and Katelyn arrive, staying here at the CG with us until Sunday.  We are looking forward to spending some fun days with them.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment