Friday, August 14, 2015

Packing for Family Vacation in Bethany Beach, DE

I was up by 6 and got ready to meet my Curvettes "girls" for breakfast in Ephrata.  I was there by 7 and had such a nice visit with them.  I really miss seeing them on Monday, Wed., and Fridays to work out.  The  all joined Planet Fitness when our local Curves closed, but because of how much we travel, I decided not to get a membership, so my time spent with them is very limited. Fortunately they still allow me to be part of the group.

After breakfast, I headed to Green Dragon Farmers Market to get fruit for our family vacation.  Its a lot cheaper here in Lancaster County then at the beach.  Then I picked up a few items at Big Lots and was home by 10:30.  

Ken had a rough morning!  He had back spasms when he tried to get up and found it very difficult to move.  After putting some ice on his back, it improved a little and a shower helped too!  He was moving cautiously when I got home, but at least he was moving!!!!  He left at 11:15 for a much needed Dr. appointment. Dr. Hager said there was no nerve damage or any major problems, but because of his Plavix, he can't take any muscle relaxers.  He was able to prescribe some similar drug that will work with his blood thinner, so that was a positive.  Then Ken had another Dr. appointment with his pediotrist where he got his new orthotics.  What is going on with us????  

While Ken was gone I packed for the beach.  Amazing how much "stuff" you need to take!  After lunch I continued the packing and then made a couple of paris of earrings.  Ken was home by 2:30 and we drove to Lancaster so each of us could buy a new pair of sneakers and then to Costco to pick up Ken's prescriptions!  When we got back to Lititz, we took a walk.

I made salads for dinner and then cut-up the leftover rotiessiere chicken, onions and pepper and made chicken barbeque for sandwiches.  Actually, I just ate it on top of my salad.  While I was cooking and prepping, Ken was busy loading the car for our week's vacation with our girls and their families.  We hope to leave around 6:30 tomorrow morning to beat all the heavy traffic.  We can only check into the condo around 2:00.

We spent the evening relaxing after a bit more packing and loading!  These days since we returned from Hershey have certainly been busy ones, but we wouldn't have it any other way!  

No comments:

Post a Comment