Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A New Experience - Paddleboarding!

Ken and I were up by 7, but I think the majority of the house was up by 6:15.  Poor Samantha was up during the night with ear ache, no fun for this little one!  We all ate out breakfast out on the deck and it was a beautiful morning!  Bria had gone with Dane for a "coffee run".  

At 8:45, Jamie and Dane had 2 paddleboards delivered to our condo to enjoy on the bay.  So, we all put on our suits and headed to the docks here at Bayside Community.  We put the paddleboards in the water and Jamie and Dane, who had rented them 2 other times gave us a demonstration on how it is done!  Then Jamie took Bria and Dane took Cali for a ride along the bay. Next trip out was with Samantha and Katelyn.  Next, it was Lanie's turn to try it and she did very well quickly. I debated if I should try it with my back issues, but I decided here was my opportunity, so don't let it pass me by.  Amazingly, I didn't have much trouble balancing and doing a fairly good job.  It was impressed with myself!!!!  Ken decided to give it a try, but he was done before he really got started.   He fell off in the dock area and ended up in black "muck" up to his knees.  Not a pretty sight.  Ken and I walked to the community center where he decided a shower was a necessity!


Dane and Janie showing us how it is done!

She makes it look so natural and easy!

Time for Cali to ride with her daddy!

Bria thought a ride with Mommy might be safer!
Next Samantha went with Aunt Jamie!

Katelyn took a turn with Uncle Dane!


Lanie had her 1st try at paddle boarding and did well right away!

Then it was my turn and surprisingly it
was easier than I thought!

Not sure I was ever totally relaxed, but
I did manage to stay upright!

Go, Lanie!


Hey, I'm still standing!


Bob arrived around 10:45 to join our family vacation and gave the paddleboard a try.  He fell off 2X's, but in his defense, one of the times was when he was returning and he ran into the dock!  Lanie went on the board again with Katelyn, Jamie with Samantha, and when they were done we all went to the pool.  Jamie and Lanie went back to the Condo to pack lunch for everyone and bring it back to the pool.  Ken and I went to the hot tub to "massage" our backs.  After about 45 minutes of sitting around the pool, Ken and I went back to the Condo to eat our lunch, shower, and then Ken took a short nap after taking some of his back spasm medication.  I worked on the blog. 


More rides for the girls!


Then Bob decided to give it a try.  He fell off when he 1st started
the process, but then did well!



Everyone was back to the condo by 2:30, showered, and got ready for the evening.   Also did several loads of wash.  The girls and I played some games and I enjoyed a new Sangria that is really delicious.  Actually, I drank a bit more than I should have.  At 4:45 we drove to Hooked Up for dinner.  We were able to eat outside and enjoy their Happy Hour menu.  The food was delicious and the orange crushes were good too.  I should have had just 1 orange crush, but the were so good I had to have another - mistake!!!!!!  Everyone was ready to leave and I was still trying to figure out how to take my leftover chicken wings with me.  Jamie came to my rescue.  


We left Hooked Up at 6:15 and just made it in time to catch our sunset cruise which we had signed up for before arriving in Bethany.  It was an hour bay cruise leaving from the Rusty Rudder in Dewey Beach.  Lanie had found a deal for the family on Groupon for $70.00 for the 10 of us - quite a deal and it was a very fun cruise for the little ones.  They spent a lot of time dancing on the deck and then the captain left each of the girls be the captain and steer the boat! After the hour cruise, we had ice cream and then headed back to the Condo, arriving around 8:45.  




Special Sisters!

Jamie's special family!

Sam loves her Mommy....

.....and Katelyn is often Daddy's girl!


Katelyn thinks Aunt Jamie can be silly!

Lanie with her special family!

It's a dance party!

.....and the dance goes on......

......and on

......and on

.....and on!!!

And now it is just time for a hug!

Then it is time to just quiet down and enjoy the ride! 
Captain Samantha!

Captain Katelyn!

Captain Bria!

and Captain Cali!

The girls went right to bed and the adults enjoyed playing 9 hole golf.  By 11 we were all tired and called it a day!  Another beautiful day with new experiences that we were able to share with our family.  We are truly blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Now that you have mastered paddleboarding, maybe you should try Porta-Boting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll pass on the porta-boating. Too much work!

      Delete
    2. I think I'll pass on the porta-boating. Too much work!

      Delete