Monday, August 24, 2015

Busy Days at Home, but Fun!

Ken and I were up by 7:15 on Sunday to get ready to go to church.  As soon as he bent over to put on his shoes, the back spasms began and they were painful. Fortunately they were improved by the time we drove to church.  

After church, Ken and I stopped to have breakfast and then went to Costco for a few needed groceries like salad!  Ken has to have a salad at least 1X a day!!!  Home just long enough to unload and then off again to spend the afternoon playing cards with my parents.  The men won 2 out of 3 games of pinochle.  

Back home by 5:45 where we made salads with rotisserie chicken from Costco for dinner and then spent the evening reading the paper and watching American Ninja Warrior.  I did work on our blog but for some reason, my blogs for Friday and Saturday never posted and I had them totally finished including photos.  What a bummer!!!!

This morning was an interesting one.  I decided that since I am now a Senior Citizen I should probably have a physical, something I have not done before!  So, I had fasted starting at 7:30 last evening for the needed blood work I was having done today as well as a cytology urinalysis for my follow up cysto in 2 weeks.  While being registered I was informed that the Vitamin D test and the cholesterol test needed to be coded differently by my Dr. if Medicare would consider paying for them.  So after waiting for about 45 minutes we postponed the blood work till I went upstairs to check with my Dr.  But, before doing that I did go back to have the urinalysis only to be told I had to do the sample 1st thing in the morning.  I have had this test many times and had never had to be there at the beginning of the day.  So after over an hour I had not accomplished anything.  I did get my 1 blood test recoded, but I might have to pay for the cholesterol one - how crazy!  Then I called the urology office and they had me go across the street to their branch office and they would do it there as soon as I arrived.  Bingo, I was done with everything by 11 after arriving at about 8:30.  

From there we went to pick up Waldo and drive to Agway to fill up the propane tank.  We were back home by 11:45 and spent time loading what we could in Waldo for our departure on Wednesday for the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA.  We did take a walk around 2:30 and boy, it was hot and humid!

We had salads for dinner, again, and then drove to Akron to visit with our wonderful neighbors who lived across the driveway from us when we lived in Akron.  So good to spend the evening with Dale and Vickie chatting about what we have been doing and playing Haus.  Vickie's fresh peach pie was delicious.  Home by 10:30, tired, and ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment