Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Just the 2 of Us at Hershey Preserve!

Ken and I were up by 7:30 and spent some time discussing our time with Bria and Cali.  We really had a good time and we know they enjoyed being here.  We dressed and went for a walk around the CG.  When we returned we ate our cereal and fruit outside and then I got ready to go to Masonic Homes to take my mother to a Dr. appointment.  

I arrived at E-town at 10:45 and we drove to her appointment at the Spooky Nook complex.  Her knee replacement is "looking as good as the day it was replace" and the Dr. does not need to see her for another 2 years.  Good news.

We left there and drove to Manheim to have lunch at the Family Restaurant outside of town.  Mom was so hungry for homemade Corn Pie and it was on their menu.  We had a good lunch and then drove right down the road to Hilltop Market for fruit and veggies.  This was a place where Mom used to do a lot of shopping, so she was so happy to go back again.

We arrived at Masonic Home at 2:15 and I went to Mom's room to help her go through some things that were in boxes under her bed.  She has way too much "stuff" and has a lot of trouble letting go of things.  She wants my help, but not my advice!  It can be so difficult!  I love my mother very much but when I spend time with her I also become aware of some of her traits I hope I don't carry into my later years (but I probably will!).  Hopefully Ken and my sister will quickly recognize them and bring it to my attention!

I got back to the CG at 4 after too long a time of being away.  Ken had a good day, doing many things on the computer, cleaning up Waldo, and going for a long walk.  He told me to go outside with an Amaretto and Diet Coke and relax while playing Pop Words on the I-Pad.   It didn't take much convincing to have me do that.  We did some chatting and then Ken took responsibility for heating up the leftover chicken and grilling corn on the cob.  It was delicious.  I had spent time recording our expenses on our budget program and then working on this blog.

After dinner we spent the evening making some phone calls and watching TV. Tomorrow we might try to play some pickleball and see how that works with my back and Ken's heel.



No comments:

Post a Comment