Monday, August 10, 2015

Wow, the Time at Hershey Has Gone so Fast! Our Last Full Day!

What a tough night for Ken!  He woke up to go the bathroom around 3 and could not straighten up to walk back to bed.  He must be getting spasms in his back then send little shock waves that are extremely painful and debilitating!  It took him 20 minutes to get to the bed and then another 15 to figure out how to lie down!  I felt so bad for him.  Once in bed, he was able to get relieve and go back to sleep.  I was awake for quite awhile!

Ken turned on the BR TV at 7:30 and I wasn't quite ready to be awake.  We finally got up around 8:30 and he was able to move about much better, but he still had to be careful and slow!  We made breakfast and then spent time outside putting things in the car and loading chairs, the grill, etc. back in Waldo.  We had planned to stay until Wed., but decided to head out tomorrow since our family vacation starts at Bethany Beach on Saturday and we have plenty to do before then.  Also, loading and unloading is going to take alittle more time then usual with both of our backs not 100%!

My sister had left her purse here last evening so I met her near Colebrook to get it back to her.  We chatted for awhile and then I returned to Waldo at 12:15.  It was a cloudy, mild day so I spent lots of time cleaning and scrubbing Waldo while Ken checked accounts on the computer and did research for our 2 week adventure with Chuck and Melissa in Vermont.

He took a rest and I spent time updating this blog.  Did talk to my sister who had taken our dad to an appointment regarding the replacement of his stent. Right now his kidneys are working like they should and all his kidney functure levels are normal so they are not going to replace the stent at this time.  It would be a painful procedure and they feel they could do more damage than good.  Hopefully all will continue to work properly and he will not have to go through the routine stent change that took place every 3 weeks.  Hallelujah!

We worked together to get dinner prepped after loading lots of things in the CRV for our departure tomorrow.  We discovered it is much easier to put things in the car and unload from there instead of out of Waldo when we get back home.  Ken did all of the clean-up from dinner while I played Pop Words on the I-Pad.  He said I worked hard today and he was happy to do the clean-up part.

We watched some TV and I went to bed by 9:30.  Last night was a short one and today was busy so an early night sounded good!  Ken's back and wrist/hand improved all day.  He has to be careful with his back, but it seems to be better!

1 comment:

  1. Hope Ken gets weel soon. I know I hate it when my body don't let me do what i want it too.

    ReplyDelete