Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Day Spent in our Home Area!

It was a great day but a busy one.  We both woke to a 6 AM alarm and I got ready to meet my Curvette ladies for breakfast in Ephrata.  It enjoyed the short drive, because the sunrise was gorgeous. 





It was so nice to see the 6 of them, chat, and laugh.  I am so blessed to be included in this special group!

I left there at 8:20 and headed to the home of our daughter Jamie.  I was fortunate enough to catch her and Bria and Cali as they were walking to the bus stop.  So good to see and talk to them before they went to school.

I went to Jamie's house where the 2 of us had a chance to "catch up" on her life and family and enjoy some mother and daughter time.  What a special young lady.  Then she cut my hair, of which I was very grateful.  Ken arrived at 9:30 for his haircut and some quality time with his daughter.  He left at 10:30 for a Dr. appt (his yearly visit) and I stayed for about another hour of chatting.  It was such a nice visit!

I headed back to the apartment where I did some ironing and then got things organized to take back to Waldo.  Ken called to report that his Dr. appt. went very well and all his blood tests were great as well as his cholesterol and blood pressure!  Hallelujah!  He did some errands on his way home arriving around 12:45.  

We loaded the car and made sure the apartment was prepared for us not being there till we return in November.  We stopped at Subway for lunch and then headed to his Dr. appt. with the cardiologist.  It has been a year since he had a stent inserted because of an almost 100% blockage in one of his main arteries.  It was another good appointment and he doesn't have to go back for a year.  When we left there we both felt blessed.  1 year ago I had surgery for a repeat of a growth in my bladder and Ken was undergoing tests for some heart irregularities.  It was a stressful time.  Now 1 year later we both have a clean bill of health!  We are thankful!

From there we went back to Jamie's so we could spend time with Bria, Cali, and Jamie.  Dane had to work late.  We had so much fun.  Bria and Cali were in great moods, silly, and full of energy.  They loved showing us their rooms and both read to us.  Amazing how well a 1st grader can read.

We left there at 5:45 and drove to the CG at Hershey.  We were both tired and hungry.  We probably spent about a 1/2 hour unloading the car and putting everything in its place.  Then we made a quick dinner and sent a text to Melissa and Chuck that we were rather exhausted and would be over in the morning to visit before leaving to visit my parents.

We watched some TV and I worked on this blog.  Tomorrow will be another "full" day and before we know it, we will back on the road again.  We were glad that we had a chance to see the our daughters, granddaughters, and my parents before heading south.

1 comment:

  1. Great news about the doctor appointments. Have fun in your travels.

    ReplyDelete