Friday, March 29, 2019

Friday - Another Warm Day, But Off and On Clouds!

Ken was up at 5 and did his morning routine before waking me at 6:30.  He went with Ernie for their walk while I got ready and did some organizing inside Wilbur and put my bean mixture in the crockpot to take to the Food Pantry covered dish.

I drove to North Port at 8:00 to play pickleball at the park.  For some reason it was a horrible playing day for me.  The 1st game I couldn't do anything right, nor the 2nd, but by the 3rd things were improving.  The last game was okay, but certainly nothing to brag about!  Pickleball can be so frustrating.

I returned to the CG at 10:00 and Ken was busy outside putting away the larger items - beach and clothes umbrellas, large carpets, chairs, ladder, etc.  He was one busy boy!  I showered and changed and by 11:20 we were on our way to Edgewater Church to enjoy the covered dish with our Food Pantry friends - so much delicious food!  There were 30 of us who ate and fellowshipped and Ken and I had to say our good-byes to many of them whom we won't see again until next year (we will see some of them at church on Sunday morning!)  We will certainly miss these wonderful folks whom we got to know so well this year because of going to lunch every Friday after serving the folks who come through the Pantry.  We are blessed to be a part of this wonderful service project!

What a wonderful group of people whom we got to work with
this winter at the Food Pantry!



We stopped at Wal-Mart again for a few needed items and were back to the CG by 2:00.  Ken rested while I did my devotions and worked on this blog. We took a bike ride around the campground and then stopped to play shuffleboard.  We each won one game.  The 1st game I had 10 Off 5X's in a row - so frustrating!

Back to Wilbur to have leftovers for dinner.  Ken and I rode our bikes to the back section of the CG for the sunset and to see the birds and alligator and Ernie and Noela joined us.  What a beautiful evening at the water's edge.

We see these eagles everytime we go for our walk!

A gorgeous sunset ...enjoy the photos!










Ernie and Noela came to Wilbur from 8:00 to 9:45 and we played one game of Skip-Bo which the men finally won!!!  It was a fun evening.  Noela had brought some chocolate cake for each of us.

Ken and I were in bed by 10:15, read and then off to dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment