Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday - Cloudy Morning but Sunny Afternoon!

Ken and I only got up at 7:30 after going to bed at such a late hour for these older folks!  We were at Edgewater Church by 9:10 and had time to visit with friends there.  Sadly we learned that Pat, the lady we had visited on Friday that recently had back surgery, was taken to the hospital by ambulance last night with pain and then had a heart attack while on the table in the ER.  She went into cardiac arrest and was brought back with "paddles"!  What a shock for all of us!  She and her husband, Bob, have been going through such a rough period health wise and we all continue to lift them up in prayer.

After church, Ken and I went with Eddie and Lori for our usual Sunday morning breakfast at Denny's.  We had a nice visit and said our good-byes for now because they are leaving on Tuesday morning for a week in Leesburg, FL before heading back to PA.z

Ken and I were back to the CG around 12:15 and he read and rested while I downloaded photos, did my devotions, and then worked on our blog.  He left at 1 to go to Sarasota to Bayside Church to help Rick and Frank do some moving of things in preparation for some remodeling they are doing there.  I spent the afternoon making cards and had a great time.  I did go over to say hello to Ernie and Noela and we made plans to play shuffleboard when Ken returned.

At 4:45 I called Ken to see when he planned on returning and he and I both decided it was time for him to come back to the CG after doing a lot of heavy work for 3 hours.

I decided to make pulled chicken sandwiches for dinner and when he returned we ate and then went to play shuffleboard with Ernie and Noela.  The men won 2 out of 3 games and we still had a fun time!!!

We decided not to get together for card playing, so Ken and I spent the rest of the evening just relaxing and going to bed rather early.  

No comments:

Post a Comment