Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wednesday - Perfect Beach Day!

Ken was up early, did his routine, and then woke me at 6:30.  He left at 7:15 to walk with Ernie and Noela and I met up with them a little later.  It was in the low 60's and beautiful, including the sunrise.


Taken from the back of the campground!


Ken and I had breakfast, packed our lunches and some snacks, and were on our way to Manasota Beach by 10.  We hadn't been to the beach very often this year, probably about 5 or 6 times, and we were anxious to do some relaxing in the sun and look for shark's teeth.  There was just a nice breeze, plenty of sun and temperatures climbed to the 80's - perfect beach weather! 

Before leaving, I got a phone call from my sister, Cindy, and after chatting for awhile, she said they made a decision to return to Texas next year instead of coming to Harbor Lakes in Florida.  Of course I was disappointed because I looked forward to spending next winter with them, but I also told her that I thought it was the right decision for them.  Ken and I spend very little time in the actual CG doing activities but they are very active in the CG and Harbor Lakes doesn't have near the activities that they have at Victoria Palms in Brownsville, TX.  As much as it saddens me, I know they are doing the right thing.  I called mom on the way to the beach, but she wasn't around.

Ken and I spent the 1st 2 hours looking for shark's teeth and were fairly successful.  We did not find any large ones but had a great time searching.  We returned to our chairs to do a little reading and eat our lunch.  


The water was such a gorgeous color today!

There were people on the beach even though you
can't see them!


We were back to the CG by 2:30, showered, did some reading, and by 4:00 left to meet Burt and Pat at Bocca Lupo Pizza in Port Charlotte.  That is were they make the pizza in their coal fired ovens and it is so good.  We had a nice time chatting there and then went to their condo to play Hand and Foot.  Ken and I had taken dessert.  It was a "tight" game through the 1st 3 rounds with only a 50 point difference, but the men won big time on the 4th round with neither Pat nor I getting into our foot!  Way to go, guys!!!!  What a fun evening with great friends!

We were back to Wilbur by 9:30 and Ken did some prep work for sending out his devotionals tomorrow morning, while I read.  Lights out at 10:15!

No comments:

Post a Comment