Monday, March 11, 2019

Monday - Another Hot, Sunny Day!

It was in the upper 60's early this morning and it got into the mid 80's with plenty of sunshine!  Ken was up early and woke me a 6:30 so we could do our usual morning walk.  For some reason I felt extremely tired and decided I just wasn't ready to greet the day.  Ken left at 7:15 and I was back in bed before 7, sleeping till 8:15.  I guess all that time in the sunshine yesterday made me tired!

Ken was back by 8:30 and I had gone over to Joyce's and put in a load of wash.  Ken went to the laundromat and put in another load plus one of rugs.  After breakfast, it was time to hang out all of the finished wash and that required using our drying umbrella and Joyce's.  Somehow the morning "flew by" and by 11:00 we were on our way to meet Ray and Barb at Farlow's on the Water for lunch.

We had met Ray and Barb about 7 years ago at Royal Coachman RV Resort in Venice/Nokomis when we were camping beside each other.  Since then, they bought a 5th wheel and placed it on an annual site in that CG.  When we are here for the winter we meet for a meal at least one time during the season and we also visited them in Maine this past fall when we were in the New England States.  We always have such a good time when we get together and there is lots of laughter!


Farlow''s is definitely one of our favorite places to eat when
we are here for the Winter!

Ray and Barb are such delightful people to spend time with!

Another stop at Wal-Mart on our way back to the CG arriving at Wilbur around 2.  We brought in all the wash and put it in its proper place.  Ken rested while I did some reading, downloaded photos, and worked on this blog.  He had a long phone conversation with his sister, who is doing a lot better following her knee replacement several weeks ago.

After getting some cards ready to send, Ken and I ate dinner (my leftovers from lunch) and then I rode bike to the pickleball courts.  No one showed up at our normal time, but as I was riding back to our campsite, 2 more players were heading there.  So, the 3 of us started a game and then a 4th player appeared and we had 5 very close games.  What a fun time!

Chatted with Ernie and Noela on my way back.  I showered and watched The Voice before Ken returned from Celebrate Recovery around 9:15.  What a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment