Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Tuesday - Wonderful Day!

Ken was up early and woke me at 6:30.  Ken did his usual morning routine and then he left at 7:15 to walk with Ernie.  Noela joined them around 7:45.  I didn't walk because I wanted to leave to play pickleball at North Port at 9.  So, I got ready and then started my dessert for later today and got breakfast started for Ken and me.  He was back by 8:30, we ate, and I left at 8:45 for pickleball.

It was a beautiful warm, sunny morning with temperatures in the upper 60's when Ken walked.  I played pickleball for one hour before Gail and Carolyn came, they are the ladies from church who are learning to play.  So, I played for another hour and had a great time!

From there I ran several errands including Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, car wash, and then Michael's returning to the CG around 1:30.  Ken had a very busy morning while I was gone.  He had done an unbelievable job of cleaning up both inside and out.  The place looked great!  He also had a special 2 hour phone call with our daughter, Jamie!

He read and rested when I returned so I ate lunch outside and did my devotions.  I made salads for dinner and got potato packets ready for the grill.

Rick and Joyce were here by 3:15 and the 4 of us sat outside chatting.  We invited Ernie and Noela to come and join us and the 6 of us had a wonderful time together. By then it was in the mid 80's!

Around 4:45, Rick, Joyce, Ken and I headed to the shuffleboard courts for one of those men vs. women games.  It was a fantastic day for the women for we won both games.  Then it was back to Wilbur to make dinner.  Ken grilled salmon, pork, chicken, and regular and sweet potatoes.  We also had baked beans and salad and ate at the picnic table.  It was a gorgeous evening!

Joyce washed dishes while I dried and put things away.  Then the pinochle game began and the men won big time but the Skip-Bo game went to the women!  What a fun evening!



They left around 9:30 and we got ready for bed.  I decided to stay up to watch New Amsterdam even though I was tired.  I just really enjoy that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment