Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Wednesday - A Bit Cooler and Windy!

Ken was up early to do his readings and woke me at 6:30.  I had planned to leave around 8:30 to play pickleball at North Port again, but they were predicting strong winds.  So, I got ready and even prepped for breakfast before calling Noela and telling her I would go walking this morning and skip pickleball.

The 4 of us did our usual walk routine and were back to Wilbur by 8:30 and we went to the laundromat to put in 2 loads of wash. Ken and I had breakfast and I "toyed" with the idea of playing pickleball here at the CG, but decided we had enough to do without adding that to the list.  We hung out the wash and got ready to "head out"!

We called Bob and made plans to stop by to visit him and Pat around 11, but when we were about ready to leave he sent a message that she was back in bed and sleeping well and would it suit to come another time - no problem.  So, Ken and I left at 10:30 to return a shirt I had bought for him at Beall's Outlet, get a few items at Wal-Mart, and then drive to Nokomis to get a new shower head package for Wilbur - the bracket had cracked that held the showerhead, but that needed to be replace too!

We were back to Wilbur by 2:00 and Ken had to do a few "alterations" on the shower head holder to get it to fit.  I started putting decorative things away in Wilbur for our departure next Tuesday.  Ken did a few things outside.  I completed some of my x-stitch projects and made salads for tonight and tomorrow's dinner.  Ken grilled salmon, steak, and chicken and after cleaning up, Ernie and Noela came by to play Hand and Foot.  The women were 5000 points ahead after 2 rounds and the men conceded!  We celebrated with ice cream and fresh strawberries.

After some visiting time, they left at 9:15 and we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment